Copying a whole folder and all its files to another computer

Please help I know when I use the Fileinstall() function it will attach the file I am installing in the compiled script so it can be run on another computer. I am trying to create a install that will move an entire folder and all of its subfolders and files to a new computer. I have tried DirCopy but it only seems to work to move files from one drive to another. I need all of these files compiled into the script. Is there a function or method that can include these in a compiled script?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Not sure, if I get your intention:

You want to write a script, that will *MOVE* a directory and all subfolders/-files from computer A to computer B?

Then you might want to have a look at the Microsoft Tool "ROBOCOY.EXE"

• Get the tool (Google, newer windows versions include robocopy.exe), use fileinstall() for windows versions, that do not come with robocopy.exe
  • open a Windows CMD box
  • type "robocopy /???|more" <enter>
  • have a look at the options /mir and /move

Note:

Robocopy.exe Version "XP026" is the last one giving appropriate EXITCODEs after completing. Starting with the version that was shipped with "RobocopyGUI" the exitcode support was dropped, unfortunately.

<edit>

WARNING:

Use the options /mir and /move very carefully. Robocopy is incredible fast in deleting file system objects!

And there won't be any questions like "Do you really ...?"

</edit>

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!