AutoIt doesn't start other scripts

Guziol

Go to solution Solved by Guziol,

Hi All,

I have very strange issue with AutoIt scripts. I created one script with path to another script to install software with switches and etc. When I run the first script (to install software), second script doesn't work property, starts without switches. But when I start second script directly where the script is, I have no issue at all. The second script works perfect. In the first script I have added other paths to multiple software installation and they work. The way how I did this is exacly the same like the rest of code and some of those work, some not.

Anybody can help?

Thx

Michal

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Please post your script so we can see what goes wrong.

To add code please use the AutoIt code tag (the blue "A").

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This is simple code:

FIRST SCRIPT runs silverlight.exe:

RunWait("\\server01\Install\Microsoft\Silverlight\silverlight.exe")

silverlight.exe:

Run("Silverlight_x32.exe /q")

The first script runs second script and then I see running shockwave.exe but without switch /q. When I start silverlight.exe works perfect.

In first script I have a lot more exacly the same codes for other scripts and they work.

No idea why this works only partially.