How do i communicate with a QueryGrid?

Hi!

I try to communicate with a QueryGrid, I'm not sure but I think the query is custom built. I can navigate with Send and other functions, but I would like to find a string or something (with I want to use to specify a Line and select it after)

I don't use Send because there isn't the same number of elements in the query so it can't be used here.

Also I'dont know what else should I post to help you helping me :) (which I'm very thankfull for) please ask anything and If I can i post it

My codes I tried (not all, I modified these couple of times, trying to get it run) 

Thank you!

Local $LineCount = ControlCommand('Folyószámla', "", "[CLASSNN:TAdvQueryGrid1]", "GetLineCount", "")
    MsgBox(0, "Zero", $LineCount) ;$LineCount = 0, while there are 2 lines)

;If ControlCommand('Folyószámla','','[CLASSNN:TAdvQueryGrid1]','FindString','AZBY') <> 0 Then
    ;ControlCommand('Folyószámla','','[CLASSNN:TAdvQueryGrid1]','GetSelected','AZBY') ;not working
    ;EndIf
Edited by SorryButImaNewbie

To check if the ControlCommand has run successfully you should check the value of @error.

According to the help file "In case of an error (such as an invalid command or window/control), @error=1"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The last executed function sets @error and @extended.

So it is fine as long as the MsgBox statement immediately follows the ControlCommand

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I dont think its a problem if there is a variable like this

Local $LineCount = ControlCommand('Folyószámla', "", "[CLASSNN:TAdvQueryGrid1]", "GetLineCount", "")
    MsgBox(0, "Zero", @error)

So this means, there is no error message from ControlCommand? Yet it does exactly noting

Is there anydifferenc between "GetLineCount" and 'GetLineCount' ? or between " " and ' ' in general?

No. ' and " are valid string delimiters.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I didn't find anything on the web so I'm not sure you can automate this controls.

AutoIt is focused on Windows controls.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So if the guys who made this program, played around a bit in the listview/querygrid I wont be able to automate it? Unless I somehow make it, that my script find the "picture" of what I'm looking for then do clicks with coordinates?  (at least the window always popup the same place so theoraticly it can be done,I read somewhere in the forum that autoit can find pictures in the monitor so its possible right?)

AutoIt seems to find the Control, hence @error = 0.

But if the control does not handle the "GetLineCount" command then you are out of luck :(

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

500px-GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

Good news everyone!

After some other matters I had to take care of, I tried to prove your assumption, I selected an item in the "Ügyfél" window and run the following code

Test()

Func Test()
    WinActivate("Ügyfél")
        ;WinMenuSelectItem("Ügyfél","","AZBY","AZBY")
        ControlListView("Ügyfél","","[CLASSNN:TListView1]","SelectClear","")
    ;Local $LineCount = ControlCommand('Ügyfél', "", "[CLASSNN:TListView1]", "GetLineCount", "")
    ;MsgBox(0, "Zero", $LineCount)
    ;ControlGetFocus
EndFunc

It deselected the item, it means the Listview should be able to handle the AutoIt commands right?

(Edited for some grammatic error, as usual)

Does the GetItemCount command work and return a valid result?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi! (sorry when i read your response, i wasn't in the office anymore, so couldn't test it)

Local $ItemCount = ControlListView("Ügyfél","","[CLASSNN:TListView1]","GetItemCount","")

MsgBox (0, "ItemCount", $ItemCount)

Returns 2 (in a list with 2 items) so I think the list is reachable by ControlListView. (ControlCommand with getlinecount returns 0 in the same list, so I'm going to ditch that for this function)

I had a few idea what to do if I reach and can get the itemcount of the list, but i need my coffee to remember any of that.

Good morning everyone :)

Sounds good :)

If you have further questions we will be happy to assist.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

How can I invoke a Subitem (column) with listview? I tried to give it numbers, and the name of the column with string.

The help file says "FindItem", "string to find" [, SubItem] do I really need to place the [] open before the coma? It gave a syntax error, tried with simple "" and other variatons of [] and combinations with "".

Forum search give threads about GUI building, near nothing about working on other forms.

(I try to find my new list item, by its ID, first row and its a number, but not sure about its data type)

(edit)

Most of my tries resulted in either error or MsgBox not popint up

Full code is:

Test()

Func Test()
    WinActivate("Folyószámla")

$index = ControlListView("Folyószámla", "","[CLASSNN:TAdvQueryGrid1]","FindItem", "255836926"[0])
    MsgBox(0, "ItemCount", $index)

EndFunc

(/edit)

PS.: (data type = string double etc. )Sorry I realize that many time i use incorrect offical terminology, i was always bad at that, hope that I'm still understandable most of the time :)