Trying to learn web page integration

Sodori

Go to solution Solved by alienclone,

Hi.

So yes, I am kinda almost sorta maybe not starting to get a overview of how web page integration works. But it's downright confusing! xD And this dots you can use, like in "_IEGetObjById"  example:

; Open a browser to the basic example, get an object reference
; to the DIV element with the ID "line1". Display the innerText
; of this element to the console.

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IE_Example("basic")
Local $oDiv = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "line1")

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Line1", $oDiv.innertext)

But I am getting there. I would like to learn how to search though. Take Google just as an easy example that is still quite complicated! I wish not to exploit and spam them now, I only wish to know how to input say the text "Autoit" into the search bar and then hit submit (not going the cheaty way of navigating to "www.google.com/%search=autoit" or whatever it is again). Is there any example of this out there? And where can I learn more of this dot system and how it works, like in above example with "$oDiv.innertext". I feel there is close to no data on it, and I don't even know it's proper name xD Please, can anyone explain this, and show me how I would be able to do that with a google web page?

• Solution

if you open the IE.au3 file in the SciTE script editor you can see a lot of the "inner workings" for the IE commands that you are using. it shows a lot of "dots" and how they are used. the path to the include folder with the au3 files should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\"

also check out the profile of the AWESOME person who created that IE udf and check out his posts and go through the links in his signature to learn more about IE DOM.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/user/5125-dalehohm/

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

By the maker, it's that Gorilla guy I get slight vaguely disturbed by everytime I see his avatar! xD I will most definitely continue my research and teaching by there. Never knew it was called UDF, but it makes so much sense now! xD Thank you!