Custom cursor

Bert

Go to solution Solved by computergroove,

I having to run the Adobe flash player for an app my wife uses to teach with in her classroom. I'm being asked is there a way while the player is active a custom cursor can be used. (not a windows cursor) . The current workaround is setting the cursor manually however that cursor is replacing the default one and that is not desirable.

I've searched in the forum and I can't find anything that gives a simple example of what I need. Everything I find either shows you have to create a GUI and that is not what I'm looking for or I see  "_WinAPI_LoadCursor() in Yashied's WinAPIEx UDF" in Example Scripts. However the download link is gone and _WinAPI_LoadCursor is not in the helpfile.

Any ideas? I'm just looking for a code example that shows how to do what I need. Thanks.

Do you know where the current cursor is now? Just make a backup and replace it with the custom one and on exit replace the cursor back to the original. If you talk it out here I will assist. If you know the location in the registry (assuming it's in there) then it will be pretty easy.

Edit - Found it -> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2402-mouse-pointers-change.html its located in HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PannelCursorsArrow

Edit2 - I made  a script that changed the registry value and it didnt work so I manually changed the registry key only to find that it didn't work either. Still looking....

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

• Solution

Finally got it.

#RequireAdmin
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WinAPIsysinfoConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}","Terminate")
HotKeySet("{F3}","ToggleCursor")
Global $NewCursor

Global $OriginalCursor = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors", "Arrow");Read the original cursor value
Global $RegKeyCursor1= "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors";Location of the cursor info in the registry

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func ToggleCursor()
    $NewCursor = NOT $NewCursor
    RegWrite($RegKeyCursor1,"Arrow","REG_EXPAND_SZ","%SystemRoot%\cursors\aero_ew.cur");Change the cursor value in the registry
    _WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo($SPI_SETCURSORS, 0);Refresh the mouse settings used in the registry
    While $NewCursor;loop
        Sleep(100);loop
    WEnd;loop
    RegWrite($RegKeyCursor1,"Arrow","REG_EXPAND_SZ",$OriginalCursor);Restore the original mouse value in the registry
    _WinAPI_SystemParametersInfo($SPI_SETCURSORS, 0);Refresh the mouse settings used in the registry
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

F3 toggles the cursor and esc exits the program.

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html