speed

You should consider that the purpose is to do something in the loop, increment $j in this case :)

$j = 0
$hTimer = TimerInit()
$i = 1
While $i<=1000
   $i += 1
   $j += 1
Wend
$fDiff1 = TimerDiff($hTimer)

$j = 0
$hTimer = TimerInit()
For $i = 1 To 1000
      $j += 1
Next
$fDiff2 = TimerDiff($hTimer)

Msgbox(0,"", $fDiff1 & @crlf & $fDiff2)

just did something FOR is faster

Local $hTimer = TimerInit()
$i = 1
While $i <= 1000
   $i += 1
WEnd
ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($hTimer) & @CRLF)
Local $j
For $i = 1 To 1000 Step 1
   $j += 1
Next

and this is a simple thing

Edited by Spider001

You should consider that the purpose is to do something in the loop, increment $j in this case :)

$j = 0
$hTimer = TimerInit()
$i = 1
While $i<=1000
   $i += 1
   $j += 1
Wend
$fDiff1 = TimerDiff($hTimer)

$j = 0
$hTimer = TimerInit()
For $i = 1 To 1000
      $j += 1
Next
$fDiff2 = TimerDiff($hTimer)

Msgbox(0,"", $fDiff1 & @crlf & $fDiff2)

your example give the same FOR is faster

While $i<=1000
   $i += 1
Wend

Edited by Spider001

Yes

If $i is the local var only used to step inside the loop, your example should be

$i = 1
While $i <= 1000
   $i += 1
WEnd
Local $j
For $i = 1 To 1000 Step 1
 ;  $j += 1
Next

And the answer is even more obvious  :)

Just as an FYI for the next time you, or anyone else, has such a simplistic question I'd like to suggest to you to try it before asking. It would have taken FAR less time to test the two methods with a timerinit/timerdiff, than it took to find the answer here.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Just as an FYI for the next time you, or anyone else, has such a simplistic question I'd like to suggest to you to try it before asking. It would have taken FAR less time to test the two methods with a timerinit/timerdiff, than it took to find the answer here.

That coding whas faster then finding the link else i maybe not code that or maybe i did even whit that link :) . why make so big problem of it.

Why ask a question instead of running the code and timing it yourself? Did you really need to ask the question in the first place is all I'm getting at. It's not a big problem, it's just you asking a stupid question that really didn't need to be asked.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator