Retrieve Computer Model

Is there any way to retrieve the IBM Type/Model number and/or Dell Service Tags number via Autoit script. I have a scipt that needs to be deployed only on certain models of computers and I use IBM and Dells. IBM use to have a DOS utility that would retrieve the type/model number from BIOS, but that utility is nowhere to be found and I can't remember the name of it.

Thanks

Brandon

Is there any way to retrieve the IBM Type/Model number and/or Dell Service Tags number via Autoit script. I have a scipt that needs to be deployed only on certain models of computers and I use IBM and Dells. IBM use to have a DOS utility that would retrieve the type/model number from BIOS, but that utility is nowhere to be found and I can't remember the name of it.

Thanks

Brandon

The short answer is no.

However, if it is only between putting the scripts on Dell or IBM, you could look for the ubiquitous Dell folder on the C:\ drive for Dell computers, obviously. I hope this answer is of some help to you.

Thanks

Brandon

Been Discussed a number of times before:

Try this link to get you started / found with forum search +computer +manufacturer

here

there were more results to, but i will ll Leave those to you.

HTH

HardCopy

Edited by HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

Thanks

Brandon

YES. Look up AutoIT Scriptomatic in this forum. Download it and check out the myriad objects for inspecting everything you ever wanted to know about a machine, including the Dell Service Tag, etc. Also do a search on Dell Service Tags. I have posted several. It's all "in there"...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

YES. Look up AutoIT Scriptomatic in this forum. Download it and check out the myriad objects for inspecting everything you ever wanted to know about a machine, including the Dell Service Tag, etc. Also do a search on Dell Service Tags. I have posted several. It's all "in there"...

I just saw some of the DELL Scriptomatic stuff after searching for "scriptomatic" which (apparently) can get service tag numbers. Awesome!

I just posted in the Chat forum asking where I can get the latest Scriptomatic (do you have any idea how often "Scriptomatic" has been mentioned in the forums?!!) since the one I have does not work in the newest beta nor in the stable release.

I just saw some of the DELL Scriptomatic stuff after searching for "scriptomatic" which (apparently) can get service tag numbers. Awesome!

I just posted in the Chat forum asking where I can get the latest Scriptomatic (do you have any idea how often "Scriptomatic" has been mentioned in the forums?!!) since the one I have does not work in the newest beta nor in the stable release.

Please see my reply there Serial... ;)
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format