Emulating Windows "Run" mode

How would I emulate the Windows Run Mode in AutoIt? For example, if you type Window-R and then type "Winword", Microsoft Word will run regardless of the subdirectory in which it is installed. Also, Window-R followed by a URL will open a web site such as "www.autoscirpt.com".

However, using Run("www.autoscript.com")

or

Run("winword")

generates errors in Autoscript.

Thanks

How would I emulate the Windows Run Mode in AutoIt? For example, if you type Window-R and then type "Winword", Microsoft Word will run regardless of the subdirectory in which it is installed. Also, Window-R followed by a URL will open a web site such as "www.autoscirpt.com".

However, using Run("www.autoscript.com")

or

Run("winword")

generates errors in Autoscript.

Thanks

$command = 'winword'

_RunDOS($command)

Not to be confused with:

#include <process.au3>
$winword = 'command'
_RunDOS($winword)

...which will set the Waybac machine to 1985...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Surely this is easier?

$command = 'winword'
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $command, '', @SW_HIDE)

Also typing cmd in Scite4AutoIt3 and pressing the spacebar gives you this

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c |', '', @SW_HIDE)

As above, the pipe character is where the caret starts from, so you just enter your command.

Edit: "Start WinWord" seems to be needed to be used from Comspec.

Edited by MHz

Also typing cmd in Scite4AutoIt3 and pressing the spacebar gives you this

I just finished ready the manual for beta 75 and now you tell me I really should read the Scite help file? There goes what was left of my "life"...

;)

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

I just finished ready the manual for beta 75 and now you tell me I really should read the Scite help file? There goes what was left of my "life"...

:P

heh, you need to play catch up then, cuz beta 80 is the latest ;)

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

;)

Reading the Scite4AutoIt3 Manual is worth it. Abbreviations save so much effort and time that you are missing out big time if you are not using them. :P Edited by MHz

heh, you need to play catch up then, cuz beta 80 is the latest ;)

i'm using 80, but the last time I had enough paper to print out the manual was back at 75. i guess i could print just the incremetals... (i like to read the manual on paper --- traditionalist...) :P