how do I get an internal server address I'm connected to

RickB75

Guys,

I have a quick question and maybe you guys can help me. At my work, I'm connected to a server. Each day, I have to login and download reports, rename them and upload them via FTP. Currently I'm using active windows and keystrokes to do this task for me and I've been doing this for quite a while now. About 3-4 months ago, I started using Trancexx's WinHttp UDF for other scripts /  purposes and absolutely love the fact I can do server calls in the background for other scripts I'm running and they work extremely well. 

I started thinking, I should be able to do the same thing with these daily reports I download daily. I connect to a server, fill in my login info, wait for loading screens, navigate to the sections to download the reports and so on. I should be able to do this using WinHTTP or something similar. 

I started looking and trying to find the server address and I can't find it anywhere. When I open the program on my PC, a little icon comes up that says "connecting" for about half a second and then the login page opens up. 

Do you guys have any idea how I could possibly find out the address my pc is connecting to? 

I don't open a browser window. This is a icon thats on my PC that I click. It's a small program that connects to our internal server. 

Any help or advice is always greatly appreciated. 

Edited by RickB75

Starstar,

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't looking for FTP info. But, thank you for offering your help. 

Geir,

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing. It shows me the connections / addresses when I open the program.