Map a drive in WINPE using a variable from the first line of a text file

slaney30

Go to solution Solved by EndFunc,

I'm having some issues with an AUTOIT script and was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot what I am doing wrong. I've looked through all the help files and can't seem to find out where I'm going wrong.

I have a script that maps the z drive successfully if I do not pull the variable from the text file. The following below works fine in the PE environment. Unfortunately I need to pull the variable from a text file on the machine that runs it because the server.domain.com will change depending upon machine.

Script 1 (works)

Global $server = 'server.domain.com'
MsgBox( 0, "variable value", $server)
DriveMapAdd("Z:", "\\" & $server & "\deployment", 0, "domain.com\useraccount", "(password)")

The script does not work:

Global $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\servervar.txt"

FileOpen($sFilePath, 0)

Global $server = FileReadLine( "servervar.txt" )

MsgBox(0, "variable value", $server)

DriveMapAdd("Z:", "\\" & $server & "\deployment", 0, "domain.com\useraccount", "(password)")
I added the Msgbox to confirm that the $server variable was indeed gathering the correct data, and it does have the correct data that i would expect.

Can anyone tell me why first script would work, but the 2nd will not? Like I said the 2nd script MsgBox is displaying the same data that i set manually with in the first script. I am new to autoit so if it's something really silly I apologize in advance.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Moderators

"doesn't work"; doesn't help much ;)

What error does the DriveMapAdd exit with? Throw a MsgBox after it, looking for @error.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!