Identify window with Autoit info tool

jdefed

I'm running a program(WINDVD 11). I'm trying to identify a popup window that  closes before I can identify it. The icon is a folder,click on it to open a popup, which has 4 options to select. Using a mouse it just a matter of clicking. The window that opens is only open a couple of seconds, by the time I drag the info tool over it its gone and I can't identify it. Is there a way around this.

You dont need to drag the info tool to it. Hit ctrl alt f to unfreeze the tool and place your mouse where you expect the folder to show up. When the folder shows up left click on it (or you can just click off of the info tool and it will just get teh control id of whatever it is over) hit ctrl + alt + f again to freeze the results (before the folder disappears) in the info tool main window.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I'm having trouble understanding some things, so I'm experimenting with the tutorial about notepad. I can follow the tutorial all right , but what if I wanted to highlight and click on some of the menu items like file, edit and such. The info tool doesn't give much data there so I'm confused as to how to do that. This is a similar thing I want to do in WinDVD, so I think if I can make Notepad do it I might be able to get windvd to do it. If someone can direct me to a more comprehensive tutorial might help. Right now I have notepad opened and lets say I click on Format then Font, then another window opens to adjust the font size. Thats what I want the script to do.

Thanks

jd

Click on the control tab in the info tool. There are several tabs in the info tool. You're looking for unique identifiers that are usable in autoit. If you make a video or some screenshots of what you are trying to do in windvd I will download it and see what I come up with. PM me if you dont hear from me within a day of posting.

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

open window.au3post-57341-0-72679500-1418413589_thumb.ppost-57341-0-64046300-1418413610_thumb.ppost-57341-0-48909500-1418414433_thumb.p

Here are some screen shots. My script works up to step 5. In picture windvd (ctrl+o) or click on folder icon is step 5. That opens another window which I could not capture the image, but info tool picture is the info. The picture windvd1 is the result of clicking on the folder or ctrl+o and then clicking on that icon(which I could not get a picture of). Once I get to that window which is Browse Folder I can control with my remote control. This whole script is so I can put the script into intelliremote to control a button on my remote control.

Just added windvd2, which is the window I'm trying to open. I think that is the data I have on the info tool. The sequence of events in the attachments is 1) windvd, 2) windvd2, 3) windvd1.

thanks

post-57341-0-05301700-1418577736_thumb.p

Edited by jdefed

So I took a look and I cannot find a way to click on this item through control. I think the best way to approach this is to run a  script that uses the windvd.exe followed by the path of the video.

I tested this and it works:

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\sMedio\WinDVD11\WinDVD.exe E:\MyMovie.mkv");<- This was my program path when in windows 7 pro x64
Sleep(10000);Sleep for 10 seconds
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\sMedio\WinDVD11\WinDVD.exe E:\MyMovie.mkv");<-Running it a second time replaces the currently running video

Here's what I came up with. This works, but has some drawbacks. The WinDVD window has to stay in the original position for the mouse coordinates to work. You gave me another idea with your script. My videos are on portable hdd's, so I couldn't use a fixed drive letter. So if I just call up Windows explorer it works to. I need some modifications that I haven't been able to resolve yet on the second script. As it is now the highlighted tab in Explorer is Library, how can I make it go to Computer when Explorer opens and when I click on video to play can I get Explorer to close automatically.

Run("C:Program FilesCorelWinDVD11WinDVD.exe")

Sleep(10000)

Send("^o")

MouseClick("LEFT", 677, 606, 1, 0)

Run("C:Program FilesCorelWinDVD11WinDVD.exe")

Sleep(10000)

Run("explorer.exe")

I wanted to avoid mouseclick x and y positions. If your desktop resolution changes or the position of the program changes then your script wont work. You could start full screen by sending the 'f' key after you start the program. I need to know more about the remote you have. I think its better to use an external app that will control everything. It is very short sided of Windvd to not include shortcut keys for folks that cant use a mouse and the like.

Isn't default speed 10, I wanted it to move instantly so that's why I used 0. I also have figured out that if I put "" after Run("explore" "") it opens on My Computer in Explorer. Now all I need is for Explore to close when I select my video.

WinDVD does have some keyboard shortcuts, but not for everything. My remote is a Rosewill RHRC 11001. The app I'm using is Intelliremote

Edited by jdefed