Unstable Autoit & Autoitx

Jon

• Administrators

New unstable versions of AutoIt and AutoItX available at http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/files/unstable/

No gui stuff included I'm just going through adding bits and bobs from the "easy" todo list :whistle:

Current changes:

- string concats improved

- You can use things like HKLM for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the reg functions

- You can access remote registries by using something like "\\computername\HKLM\Software\..."

The reg functions were added to AutoItX too.

Edited by Jon

New unstable versions of AutoIt and AutoItX available at http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/files/unstable/

No gui stuff included I'm just going through adding bits and bobs from the "easy" todo list :angry:

Current changes:

- string concats improved

- You can use things like HKLM for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the reg functions

- You can use "(Default)" in reg functions (as well as "")

- You can access remote registries by using something like "\\computername\HKLM\Software\..."

The 3 reg functions were added to AutoItX too.

I know one case where "(Default)" is a value not the default

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\nls\locale

I share the Gui is perhaps not in the easy todo list B) but I think you have to be prepared to integrate it :whistle:

• Administrators

I know one case where "(Default)" is a value not the default

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\nls\locale

Bah. Well I need _something_ to specify the default key for AutoItX. Can't use "" as I need it to specify an "optional" valuename in RegDelete

some nonreg ???

Dim $a[10][20]
    CheckRet(55, $fonc, UBound ( $a,-3), 0,  1, "dimension -3")

ERROR in UBound ( #55 ) : return '5' instead of '0' ( dimension -3 )

ERROR in UBound ( #55 ) : set @ERROR to '0' instead of '1' ( dimension -3 )

What do you think?

• Administrators

some nonreg ???

Dim $a[10][20]
    CheckRet(55, $fonc, UBound ( $a,-3), 0,  1, "dimension -3")

ERROR in UBound ( #55 ) : return '5' instead of '0' ( dimension -3 )

ERROR in UBound ( #55 ) : set @ERROR to '0' instead of '1' ( dimension -3 )

What do you think?

I'm always surprised by the massive effect that changing "uint" to "int" can have even when you've doubled checked everything... :whistle:

Edit: Fixed.

Edited by Jon

I guess I'll have to use "" then and split RegDelete into two seperate functions, RegDeleteKey and RegDeleteVal :whistle:

Do that will change the current behavior?

Don't forget about an RegEnum. For me more important than the default value. but after Gui ....

• Administrators

Do that will change the current behavior?

Don't forget about an RegEnum. For me more important than the default value. but after Gui ....

I'll have to revert AutoIt back to how it was before (no more (Default)) and change AutoItX to remove (Default) and have two seperate functions instead - which is a shame.

There's no point even looking at the gui until it stops changing every hour! :whistle:

I'll have to revert AutoIt back to how it was before (no more (Default)) and change AutoItX to remove (Default) and have two seperate functions instead - which is a shame.

There's no point even looking at the gui until it stops changing every hour!  :whistle:

I will try to have all the GUI stuff cleaned up by tomorrow at the latest. If I don't break anything and fix the couple issues I know are present, it should be ready for official beta testing very soon after that.

Jon, rather than flood you with emails with big attachments, would you rather I just upload the changes I've made to various things to the filemanager? I think the include stuff is ready to go (By ready I mean I've actually made the archive). It's also a minor change (relatively speaking). I think I still need to make notes on the changes for all the other stuff, though.

• Administrators

Jon, rather than flood you with emails with big attachments, would you rather I just upload the changes I've made to various things to the filemanager?  I think the include stuff is ready to go (By ready I mean I've actually made the archive).  It's also a minor change (relatively speaking).  I think I still need to make notes on the changes for all the other stuff, though.

I don't mind, as long as I have an email with "code submission blah blah" in the title so that I can search when it gets lost in spam and laziness :whistle:

(big attachments are no probs, I've got ADSL)

Edited by Jon

There's no point even looking at the gui until it stops changing every hour!  :whistle:

are you from the south of somewhere?

The upload have been no more than one by day except on 20th.

PS I born south of France

• Administrators

Updated with bugfix for keywords used after a THEN statement.

Also added the new license stuff to the helpfile (wording from the UPX project that has a similar "stub" + exe arrangement - should stop questions about the legality of using compiled scripts)

Added (Default) registry stuff to the helpfile

Updated with bugfix for keywords used after a THEN statement.

Also added the new license stuff to the helpfile (wording from the UPX project that has a similar "stub" + exe arrangement - should stop questions about the legality of using compiled scripts)

Added (Default) registry stuff to the helpfile

I did the nonreg. Just no error.

Slight performance improvement

Perf improvement 3.0.101.0 -> 3.0.101.0 (2004\03\25 17:35)

For=1.38% Do=0.63% While=0.24% Include=4%

But bugs in the help constitution in .chm

• Administrators

http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/files/unstable/autoit/

Updated:

- Added: FileRecycleEmpty() (IE4+ required)

- Added: RegEnumKey() and RegEnumVal()

- Changed: Registry functions accept 4 letters keys (HKLM etc)

- Changed: Remote registry keys are accepted in the form "\\computername\key\subkey" (works for NT/XP/2000 needs additional software on 9x)

- Changed: AutoItSetOption returns the previous setting

- Fixed: Some keywords incorrectly allowed after a THEN keyword

- Changed: (Internal) String functions speeded up (concat in astring and variants)

@Jon:I like your new Reg-Remote-functions :whistle:

Is it possible for you to upload the new source-code to your archive, so maybe jpm or other could implement their additional (gui-) functions to the source for renewing/testing/etc. ?

Thanks and regards B)

Holger