New to autoit,just started today, need some help with my script ^^

Hi, so today I just started learning this language, and I'm trying to make my script with parts of example scripts from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions.

I'm trying to run a mysql query and I'm getting "Variable Undeclared" error even if it declared as a Global one (atleast i think i declared it as one..)

Basically what my script should do is make an ID for every machine in my LAN store it into a txt file in AppData and then insert it into a db.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include "EzMySql.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
   $id = Random(1, 1000, 1);Numar random de la 1 la 100
   Local Const $sFilePath = @AppDataDir & "id.txt" ; Selectare %appdata% si id.txt
Local $iFileExists = FileExists($sFilePath)
    If $iFileExists Then

Else
    ; Create a temporary file to write data to.
    If Not FileCreate($sFilePath, $ID & @CRLF) Then Return MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "O eroare s-a produs in timp ce se scria fila temporara")

; Open the file for writing (append to the end of a file) and store the handle to a variable.
    Global $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_APPEND)
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "O eroare s-a produs in timp ce se citea fila.")
        Return False
     EndIf

; Read the contents of the file using the handle returned by FileOpen.
    Global $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen)
    ; Close the handle returned by FileOpen.
    FileClose($hFileOpen)

EndIf
EndFunc

; Create a file.
Func FileCreate($sFilePath, $sString)
    Local $bReturn = True ; Create a variable to store a boolean value.
    If FileExists($sFilePath) = 0 Then $bReturn = FileWrite($sFilePath, $sString) = 1 ; If FileWrite returned 1 this will be True otherwise False.
    Return $bReturn ; Return the boolean value of either True of False, depending on the return value of FileWrite.
 EndFunc   ;==>FileCreate

$name=@ComputerName
If Not _EzMySql_Startup() Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error Starting MySql", "Error: "& @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
 EndIf

If Not _EzMySql_Open("127.0.0.1", "root", "", "vrgaming", "3306") Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error opening Database", "Error: "& @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
 EndIf

If Not _EzMySql_Exec("INSERT INTO `lan` (id, nume) VALUES ('"& $sFileRead &"', '"& $name &"')") Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error opening Database", "Error: "& @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
EndIf

_EzMySql_Close()
_EzMySql_ShutDown()
Exit

What is wrong with the $sFileRea variable?

It's generally not a good idea to declare Global variables within a function as this can result, as was the case in your code, in the variable being used before it is declared. You should normally declare global somewhere near the top of your code before any function or code that uses the global variables is run. Have a close look at the code below which I've rearranged slightly. It should run now, although I did not download the DLL to test it; 

#include "EzMySql.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Global $hFileOpen = 0
Global $sFileRead = ""
Global $name = @ComputerName

Example()

MsgBox(0, "Error Starting MySql", "Error: " & @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "Error opening Database", "Error: " & @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
EndIf

If Not _EzMySql_Exec("INSERT INTO `lan` (id, nume) VALUES ('" & $sFileRead & "', '" & $name & "')") Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error opening Database", "Error: " & @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())
    Exit
EndIf

_EzMySql_Close()
_EzMySql_ShutDown()
Exit

Func Example()
    Local Const $sFilePath = @AppDataDir & "\id.txt" ; Selectare %appdata% si id.txt
    If Not $iFileExists Then
        If Not FileCreate($sFilePath, $id & @CRLF) Then Return MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "O eroare s-a produs in timp ce se scria fila temporara")
    EndIf

; Open the file for writing (append to the end of a file) and store the handle to a variable.
    $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_APPEND)
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "O eroare s-a produs in timp ce se citea fila.")
        Return False
    EndIf

$sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen)
    FileClose($hFileOpen)

EndFunc   ;==>Example

; Create a file.
    If FileExists($sFilePath) = 0 Then $bReturn = FileWrite($sFilePath, $sString) = 1 ; If FileWrite returned 1 this will be True otherwise False.
    Return $bReturn ; Return the boolean value of either True of False, depending on the return value of FileWrite.
EndFunc   ;==>FileCreate

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Hello and welcome to the forum.  If you use the code tags for your code (to the left of the quote) it is much more readable.  Also, can you copy paste the exact error message you are getting?

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum :thumbsup: .

It's generally not a good idea to declare Global variables within a function as this can result, as was the case in your code, in the variable being used before it is declared. You should normally declare global somewhere near the top of your code before any function or code that uses the global variables is run. Have a close look at the code below which I've rearranged slightly. It should run now, although I did not download the DLL to test it;

Thanks, that almost solved me out, except it was introducing in db $id before it was given the value by the function, i solved it like this:

#include "EzMySql.au3"

#include <Array.au3>

Global $hFileOpen = 0

Global $sFileRead = ""

Global $name = @ComputerName

Example()

Func Example()

Local Const $sFilePath = @AppDataDir & "\id.txt" ; Selectare %appdata% si id.txt

If Not $iFileExists Then

If Not FileCreate($sFilePath, $id & @CRLF) Then Return MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "O eroare s-a produs in timp ce se scria fila temporara")

EndIf

; Open the file for reading and store the handle to a variable.

Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ)

If $hFileOpen = -1 Then

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when reading the file.")

Return False

EndIf

$sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen)

FileClose($hFileOpen)

EndFunc   ;==>Example

; Create a file.

EndFunc   ;==>FileCreate

MsgBox(0, "Error Starting MySql", "Error: " & @error & @CR & "Error string: " & _EzMySql_ErrMsg())

Exit

EndIf

Exit

EndIf

If Not _EzMySql_Exec("INSERT INTO `bots` (id, nume) VALUES ('" & $sFileRead & "', '" & $name & "')") Then

Exit

EndIf

_EzMySql_Close()

_EzMySql_ShutDown()

Exit