Animated GIF images

Quick question... Are animated GIF images supported in version 3.1.1.75?? I'm finishing up my project and I finally doing some of my graphic work. I was originally going to use the progress bar function, but my higher up want to have a series of splash screens for my installation... Since I figure, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the progress bar function cannot be overlayed on an image that is given topmost priority, as seen in my code here:

SplashImageOn("Docubase Install", $splash0, @desktopwidth, @desktopheight, -1, -1, 1)

Yes, the image needs to be topmost because we (as a company) have decided that we only want the end user to see our splash and none of the specifics that are going on behind it.

So, back to the question at hand... I was going to make an animated gif image in Photoshop ImageReady CS2, and have some little glowing squares similar to the ones that are shown during the Windows XP installation. Anyone got an idea or an answer for me??

Quick question... Are animated GIF images supported in version 3.1.1.75?? I'm finishing up my project and I finally doing some of my graphic work. I was originally going to use the progress bar function, but my higher up want to have a series of splash screens for my installation... Since I figure, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the progress bar function cannot be overlayed on an image that is given topmost priority, as seen in my code here:

SplashImageOn("Docubase Install", $splash0, @desktopwidth, @desktopheight, -1, -1, 1)

Yes, the image needs to be topmost because we (as a company) have decided that we only want the end user to see our splash and none of the specifics that are going on behind it.

So, back to the question at hand... I was going to make an animated gif image in Photoshop ImageReady CS2, and have some little glowing squares similar to the ones that are shown during the Windows XP installation. Anyone got an idea or an answer for me??

Last time I checked animated gifs were not supported.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

If you need to display animated GIfs, which aren't directly supported in AutoIt,

you can do it indirectly.

1) some way extract images from animated GIF and use GUICtrSetImage()

2) create small temporary HTML page only with reference to animated GIF

and show this page via COM functions (without borders)

3) ?...?

it's just my ideas

have a luck with your work ;)

Well animated gif graphics are not supported in Autoit3 gui but you could use a embedded obj and display the graphics anywhere in your application and even do this obj into a control - most .gif files do nicely...

#include "GUIConstants.au3"
$obj = ObjCreate("Gif89.Gif89.1")

GUICreate ( "Embedded Gif control Test", 640, 580,(@DesktopWidth-640)/2, (@DesktopHeight-580)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUICtrlCreateObj( $obj, 10, 40 , 300 , 260 )

GUISetState ()    ;Show GUI

With $obj
     .filename = 'C:\Pics\logo.gif'
     .autostart
EndWith

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect

Wend
$obj = 0
GUIDelete()
Exit

Download the activex obj...

put gif89.dll into into your system32 drawer...

initiate the library like this: use run 'regsvr32.exe gif89.dll' // uninstall again like this if you want to drop this obj out of your system: and run regsvr32.exe /u gif89.dll ( delete the library afterwards )

I have a homepage with funny stuff where this library,documentation and some funny examples can be downloaded from:

http://www.sitecenter.dk/latenight/nss-folder/download/

kjactive ;)

It's also possible to use MS internet explorer to show animated gifs.

I've tested this in Windows XP pro.

#include "GUIConstants.au3"
$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")

$iWidth = 40   ; Set window width
$iHeigth = 60  ; Set window height

GUICreate("Embedded Gif control Test", 640, 580, (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 10, $iWidth, $iHeigth)  ; Create IE view window

GUISetState();Show GUI

With $oIE
    .Top = -1  ; Top  left 3D border
    .Left = -1 ; Hide left 3D border
    .Width = $iHeigth + 50; Hide right scroll bar
    .navigate2('C:\MyGif\Test.gif'); Path to animated gif
EndWith

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select