IE_Create and vista

Sodori

Go to solution Solved by Sodori,

Hi all!

Got this drone bot I've programmed, it's running compiled to 32 bit and runs on most any Win7 machine I've tested so far. However I have this olden Windows Vista, and since performance is not an issue, I thought why not.

However, for some inexplicable reason, the part of my software that starts IE and designates it to $oIE. First off it ignores my parameters like running invisible (does start browser and correct web site), secondly it returns error 9. Anyone got a clue on this one?

• Moderators

Oh, the problem is on line 47...

You see, it is a tad difficult to help you if you don't bother posting your code.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Spare me the attitude would you kindly? I can give you a code;

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListBox.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("www.google.se")
ConsoleWrite(@error & @LF)

Something as simple as this, returns two IE windows, the first tries to connect to something. The second actually do makes it to google. Closing the second returns nothing to the program, closing the first the program gives error 9 in the console and ends the code due to nothing more. See why I really did decide not to leave a code friend? :) Though I guess I should have mentioned such.. so my bad!

I must be missing the part where your code produces 2 windows. The provided example will only create 1 internet explorer window.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I must be missing the part where your code produces 2 windows. The provided example will only create 1 internet explorer window.

Yeah, pray tell about it because I am as puzzled by it as you xD It's just like it's first making a window that it attaches to, but somehow makes it so it will never, ever arrive at its destination. And then make another one, and this other one works just as it should. Though Autoit would never know because they don't care about that window. So weird!

Edited by Sodori

• Moderators

IE version and mode you're running in?

Edit:

Also, AutoIt version being ran on the Vista?

Edit2:

UAC enabled / disabled?

Anti-Virus software running...

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Solution

IE version and mode you're running in?

Edit:

Also, AutoIt version being ran on the Vista?

Edit2:

UAC enabled / disabled?

Anti-Virus software running...

IE7

Correct

Enabled

Windows Security Essentials

On closer inspection, there seem to have been something strange with my IE.. Funny enough what could possibly be wrong with it xD I will have to look into this, that might be why I am having such issues.

EDIT: Heh, upgraded to IE 9, and it all works now. The more I looked into that PC, the more issues I found. But they seem all fixed now. Thanks for the support Smoke!

Edited by Sodori