Covering actions with a screen/splash image.

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible, but I am writing a script to deploy clients to desktops. Now while I can capture 99% of the actions and disable buttons etc. There is nothing stopping the user getting fed up and closing the app etc if they think it's hung / stopped.

Owing to the client it has a number of screens it may or may not show, thus worse case is I end up with a minutes wait, when at best it will be prompting for a username. Which is where my test user happily puts his password in and then the script is catching him up and getting confused even more.

Thus what I would like to do is almost like the old magic shows, put a curtain in front of the application saying it's being deployed...don't touch until tis goes away.

I am loathed to disable mouse and keyboard in case the script hits a new unknown, so I welcome any ideas, I am presently experimenting with the splash loader functionailty, which breaks owing to my checks for active window / activate.... ;) Comment that out then.

Regards,

Colin.

Edited by Exobee

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible, but I am writing a script to deploy clients to desktops. Now while I can capture 99% of the actions and disable buttons etc. There is nothing stopping the user getting fed up and closing the app etc if they think it's hung / stopped.

Owing to the client it has a number of screens it may or may not show, thus worse case is I end up with a minutes wait, when at best it will be prompting for a username. Which is where my test user happily puts his password in and then the script is catching him up and getting confused even more.

Thus what I would like to do is almost like the old magic shows, put a curtain in front of the application saying it's being deployed...don't touch until tis goes away.

I am loathed to disable mouse and keyboard in case the script hits a new unknown, so I welcome any ideas, I am presently experimenting with the splash loader functionailty, which breaks owing to my checks for active window / activate.... ;) Comment that out then.

Regards,

Colin.

Create a small SplashText() screen at the top of the monitor saying that the script/application is running. However, keep the script/app hidden (@SW_HIDE) until the user needs to input something, such as showing an input box. Edited by SerialKiller

loath ...blockinput()

You may wish to examine Adlib() functionality, it allows for unexpected situations to perform functions, like disabling input blocking.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.