Mimic Excel Formula for converting HH:MM:SS to seconds

In my Excel spreadsheet I am able to take cell that is formatted for Time as HH:MM:SS

I want to convert all of that into seconds so in the next cell I create a formula referencing the initial cell and multiplying it by the amount of seconds in a day: 86400 (24*60*60)

Cell A1 - 1 minute and a half or 00:01:30

Cell A2 =A1*86400

Result 90 seconds

I simply want to create a script that does this simple math, but HH:MM:SS * 86400 = 0

It's like I need to tell Autoit to treat something like 00:01:30 as a time variable or something. Not sure.

The answer is probably super simple, but I am definitely missing something here.

Any help is appreciated.

$string = "00:01:30"
$a = StringRegExp($string,"\d+",3)
$iTime = 0
For $i = UBound($a)-1 To 0 Step -1
    $iTime += $a[$i]*(60^(UBound($a)-1-$i))
Next
ConsoleWrite($iTime & @CRLF)

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

EDIT: @jdelaney beat me to it I hit post at the same time.  That said, this is a different way if you are not starting with a string.  How do you get the original hrs, mins, secs that you want to covert?

$hrs=2
$mins=5
$secs=10

func _convertToSecs($hrs,$mins,$secs)
$hrSecs=$hrs*60*60
$minSecs=$mins*60
return $hrSecs+$minSecs+$secs
EndFunc

MsgBox("","",_convertToSecs($hrs,$mins,$secs))
Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Something like this here?

ConsoleWrite(Convert2Sec("00:01:30") & @CRLF)

Func Convert2Sec($sTime) ;format HH:MM:SS, no error / validity check for input!
    Return 60^2 * StringRegExpReplace($sTime, "(\d+):\d+:\d+", "$1") + 60 * StringRegExpReplace($sTime, "\d+:(\d+):\d+", "$1") + StringRegExpReplace($sTime, "\d+:\d+:(.+)", "$1")
EndFunc

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

A little simpler  :)

Return 60^2 * StringSplit($sTime, ":")[1] + 60 * StringSplit($sTime, ":")[2] + StringSplit($sTime, ":")[3]
EndFunc

I really want to upgrade to the new version...that's awesome how you can call out subscripts on a function return.

Too many scripts to upgrade though.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Might be even still simpler:

Return 3600 * StringLeft($sTime, 2) + 60 * StringMid($sTime, 4, 2) + StringRight($sTime, 2)
EndFunc

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

...nice reading...

here one more (also from seconds back to HH:MM:SS)

Local $sTime = "05:01:30" ; HH:MM:SS

; From HH:MM:SS to seconds
ConsoleWrite($sTime & " = " & Convert2Sec($sTime) & " seconds" & @CRLF)

; and back (From seconds to HH:MM:SS)
ConsoleWrite(Convert2Sec($sTime) & " seconds = " & Convert2HMS(Convert2Sec($sTime)) & " HH:MM:SS" & @CRLF)

Func Convert2Sec($sTime) ; format HH:MM:SS, no error / validity check for input!
    Local $x = StringSplit($sTime, ":")
    Return $x[1] * 3600 + $x[2] * 60 + $x[3]
EndFunc   ;==>Convert2Sec

Func Convert2HMS($sSeconds)
    Local $hr = Int($sSeconds / 3600), $mn = Int(($sSeconds - ($hr * 3600)) / 60), $sc = Int(($sSeconds - ($hr * 3600) - ($mn * 60)))
    Return StringFormat("%02s", $hr) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $mn) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $sc)
EndFunc   ;==>Convert2HMS

p.s. does someone have some better ways to go back from seconds to HH:MM:SS? ... :think:

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Here's one way, using _TicksToTime()

#include <Timers.au3>
#include <Date.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
Global $iIdleTime, $iHours, $iMinutes, $iSeconds, $hTimer = TimerInit()
While 1
    $iIdleTime = Round(TimerDiff($hTimer)) ; output is in ms
    ; if seconds are used, multipy the seconds by 1000
    _TicksToTime($iIdleTime, $iHours, $iMinutes, $iSeconds)
    ConsoleWrite("Idle time = " & StringFormat("%02s", $iHours) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $iMinutes) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $iSeconds) & @CRLF)
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd
Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Another one using Modulus

$a = Convert2Sec("01:02:30")
ConsoleWrite($a & @CRLF)

$b = Convert2HMS($a)
ConsoleWrite($b & @CRLF)

Return Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sTime, "(\d+):(\d+):(\d+)", "' & $1*3600+$2*60+$3 & '") & "'")
EndFunc

Func Convert2HMS($sSeconds)
    Return StringFormat("%02i:%02i:%02i", Mod($sSeconds/3600, 60), Mod($sSeconds/60, 60), Mod($sSeconds, 60))
EndFunc
Edited by mikell

about back to HH:MM:SS

BrewManNH's way works, but it needs <Date.au3>

mikell's way it fails if HH is > 59 (just a little modification and it's ok for me) :)

#include <Date.au3> ; needed for BrewManNH's way

Local $sSeconds = Convert2Sec("9999:02:01")

ConsoleWrite("BrewManNH's way:" & @TAB & $sSeconds & @TAB & Seconds2HMS_1($sSeconds) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("mikell's way:" & @TAB & @TAB & $sSeconds & @TAB & Seconds2HMS_2($sSeconds) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("mikell's way (mod):" & @TAB & $sSeconds & @TAB & Seconds2HMS_3($sSeconds) & @CRLF)

Func Seconds2HMS_1($sSeconds) ; by BrewManNH
    Local $iHours, $iMinutes, $iSeconds
    ; if seconds are used, multipy the seconds by 1000
    _TicksToTime($sSeconds * 1000, $iHours, $iMinutes, $iSeconds)
    Return StringFormat("%02s", $iHours) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $iMinutes) & ":" & StringFormat("%02s", $iSeconds)
EndFunc   ;==>Seconds2HMS_1

Func Seconds2HMS_2($sSeconds); by mikell
    Return StringFormat("%02i:%02i:%02i", Mod($sSeconds / 3600, 60), Mod($sSeconds / 60, 60), Mod($sSeconds, 60))
EndFunc   ;==>Seconds2HMS_2

Func Seconds2HMS_3($sSeconds) ; by mikell (modified by Chimp)
    Return StringFormat("%02i:%02i:%02i", Int($sSeconds / 3600), Mod($sSeconds / 60, 60), Mod($sSeconds, 60))
EndFunc   ;==>Seconds2HMS_3

Return Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sTime, "(\d+):(\d+):(\d+)", "' & $1*3600+$2*60+$3 & '") & "'")
EndFunc   ;==>Convert2Sec

edit:

changed "fails if HH is > 60"  with fails if HH is > 59

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....