Uninstall a CD-ROM drive

Our new Dell machines are very intolerant of poorly written cd's. In fact, if a cd was not burned strongly enough, the disk will cause the drive to lock shut. Dell also no longer provides the pinhole in the front of the drive to poke a paperclip into to extract the tray. Eject does not work, but, if I uninstall the drive in the Device Manager the tray will open. Then I need to re-install the drive.

Does anyone know of a way to uninstall a CD drive through a command line, reg setting, or other software tool? I know I can do it via the Device Manager, but I had a hard time picking the right device type and then picking the right drive in cases where there are two cd drives.

Thanks...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Nero Burning ROM (one of the most commonly bundled suites that come with a CD writer) has an eject option (<CTRL>E) that may do the trick.

Thanks Confuzzled. I also see that AutoIT has an eject function, but those do not work. If you right click on the drive letter in Windows Explorer, there is an eject option as well, but no luck. This drive has "Blowed itself up real guuud!" (SCTV) and needs to be uninstalled (or rebooted). I just need to know if I can replicate the Device Manager's uninstall command through code...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format