Structure in AutoIt

Go to solution Solved by Mat,

Try this:

$tStruct_Test = DllStructCreate("uint anUINT;uint anotherUINT")

DllStructSetData($tStruct_Test, "anUINT", -100) ;either
$tStruct_Test.anotherUINT = 100 ;or

MsgBox(0, "Test", DllStructGetData($tStruct_Test,  "anUINT") & @CRLF & $tStruct_Test.anotherUINT)

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Solution

There is no way to have bit fields in AutoIt. Instead you'll have to use bitwise operators to extract required bits. It's not too tricky to do, but unfortunately it means you can't have the nice syntax we have use for structs at the moment.

For everyone else, the struct in the first post is actually only 1 UINT long, and the two fields are just single bits. That's a very different structure to what you have posted UEZ.

EndlessLove, You can also use an array of arrays, which is much easier to use than DllStructCreate and just as fast.

Sorry, but my C/C++ knowledge is very limited...

Bit fields are hardly ever used in the winapi (in fact I can't think of any structures where they are used), and I have never come across them in practice either. I only know of them because I read the C standard and stumbled across them whilst looking for other information. That's probably why they've never been asked for in AutoIt before as well.

Mat

Thanks everyone for replying.

Try this:

$tStruct_Test = DllStructCreate("uint anUINT;uint anotherUINT")

DllStructSetData($tStruct_Test, "anUINT", -100) ;either
$tStruct_Test.anotherUINT = 100 ;or

MsgBox(0, "Test", DllStructGetData($tStruct_Test, "anUINT") & @CRLF & $tStruct_Test.anotherUINT)

Br,

UEZ

Thank you, now I know another way to get/set data of an element of a structure :)

Bit fields are hardly ever used in the winapi (in fact I can't think of any structures where they are used), and I have never come across them in practice either. I only know of them because I read the C standard and stumbled across them whilst looking for other information. That's probably why they've never been asked for in AutoIt before as well.

Mat

I use WM_COPYDATA to send a packet buffer from C++ DLL to AutoIt, so I want to create a structure (IP Header & TCP Header structure) in AutoIt which points to the packet buffer so that I can easily manage the data of the IP/TCP Header structure.

If AutoIt structures can't have bit-fields then I think I will use bitwise operator like you suggest.

Thank you :)

Edited by EndlessLove