IE _IEFrameGetObjByName

whanenbu

Go to solution Solved by whanenbu,

I need help since my script broke and it may be that they changed the web site but:

This used to work:

$oIE1 = _IEAttach ("http://paragonmls.sandicor.com/ParagonLS/Default.mvc", "URL")
 Local $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE1, "tab1_1_1")
 Local $oQuery = _IEGetObjById($oFrame, "f_177_Low__1") ;Est SQ FT Low
 $oQuery.value = Round($dataArray[6] * .8)
 Local $oQuery = _IEGetObjById($oFrame, "f_177_High__1") ;Est SQ FT High
 $oQuery.value = Round($dataArray[6] * .2 + $dataArray[6])
 Local $oQuery = _IEGetObjById($oFrame, "f_4__1") ; Zip Code
 $oQuery.value = $dataArray[18]
 _IEAction($oQuery, "click")

Now the error I get is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3" (1799) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, $oTemp.GetElementsByTagName($sTagName).length, $oTemp.GetElementsByTagName($sTagName))
Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, $oTemp^ ERROR

I can attach to the frame by using

Local $oFrame = _IEGetObjById($oIE1, "tab1_1_1")

but I can't get to the variables to input the value.

Can someone please help how to fix since I can not seem to get to the variables?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Are you using Internet Explorer 11?

The last update for IE11 on Dec 18, KB3025390 , broke alot of internal functions all across the coding communities.  The solution has been to uninstall the update until microsoft fixes it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Solution

Thank you very much. I spent 4 to 5 hours trying to solve this and you did it in minutes.

I downloaded the fix and it indicated I already had it installed so I uninstalled the KB tried my script and it worked. Installed the updated patch and it still worked. Updated script and it did not work. Uninstall KB and it now works again. The KB and update kill the script. How do I report this to Microsoft or has it been done? Thank you again.

Edited by whanenbu

• Moderators

It's not a secret on the forum.  Many complaints about since then.  And almost all the other forums I belong too have complained too.

Where to complain?  I really don't know, maybe here:

https://support.microsoft.com/

or here

https://support2.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?

?

P.S.

Out of curiosity, did you intend to mark your own post as the best answer lol?  I seriously don't care, but I see that a lot on here.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 3 years later...