find, attach, control IE tab matched by title?

I would have figured this would have been covered extensively, but my exhaustive searches have me going in circles.

I just want to check if an IE page is already open and, if it is, attach it and if it isn't then create it.  But the problem I'm running into it tabs.  What is a reliable method of checking all open tabs against a title and returning the object reference if there's a match (first match of many is perfectly OK for me)?

So far I've only been able to do it if I have a single tab or, possibly, if the tab in question is active.

Thanks.

Have a look at how this person does it: link

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

Here's an >extended library for IE I've written.  It has tab creation and management by you creating it, management loosely used there, because you'd have to manage the tab browser objects as you would if you created browsers with _IECreate.  It does not have a function for attaching to existing tabs however.

I hadn't thought of that to be honest.  But at the same time, don't see a more efficient way that the suggested _IEAttach.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

This may help with all of your tab needs (except the ability to focus on the tab, probably need something like UIAutomation for that, too much code to implement in this library and he's done a good job with his code.)

Here's the link to the changes that were just added for my extended library though: 

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Weird... I didn't get any notification that anyone responded.  I only happened to come back here and saw the posts.  Here I thought I was being ignored!  :)

Thanks for your replies... I have to go through everything when I have some time, but really I found a work-around and decided to avoid the tabs issue.

Now to figure out why I didn't get notified.