XML issue

Champak

I'm trying to relearn the XML udf and etrieve information from:

"http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Traffic/Incidents/40.65,-73.55,40.95,-73.95?&output=xml&key=AkjlIWX4DBF05t0H8vfLeT5XbDQCc1h4jcQ8FSnmamKqDna_Nq-VJNp9ZNCIThzw"

My issue is...I believe..is I don't have any names or ID in the result. How can I retrieve the information and plug them into an array?

I even keep getting errors when I simply try to get a node count, so I'm lost.

$Xml = _XMLFileOpen("http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Traffic/Incidents/40.65,-73.55,40.95,-73.95?&output=xml&key=AkjlIWX4DBF05t0H8vfLeT5XbDQCc1h4jcQ8FSnmamKqDna_Nq-VJNp9ZNCIThzw")
$count = _XMLGetNodeCount ("//Resources/*")
Thanks. Edited by Champak

Your html source is not a file.  You have to grab the xml, and then throw it into a file to use...or, there is another method to load strings into the xml object...you will still need to grab the source first:

$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.loadxml($string)
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I did notice that every example was from a local file, but I was unsuccessful in saving the page as a XML file. I used all the IERead functions and filewrite, so I gave up on that. Then I came across an example here where someone was reading it directly from the web page and their example was working with no problem just like how I have it above and I tried it and it worked (when I get home I'll find it and post it, because I can't find it now.). So since theirs worked, I'm wondering why mine won't.

I'll look back at grabbing it and saving it as well.

I never navigated to the page, but if it only includes your xml, this would probably work (add in your proper ie object):

$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.loadxml(_IEBodyReadHTML($oIE))
ConsoleWrite($oXML.xml & @CRLF)

If it's pure xml, then you will have the full output of the xml in the consolewrite.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

;_SetDebug (True);show debug messages via console write
#include <_XMLDomWrapper.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
;#RequireAdmin

$Xml = ""
$Xml = _XMLFileOpen("http://world.needforspeed.com/SpeedAPI/ws/game/nfsw/driver/NFSDREW/cars?shard=Apex")
;$Xml = _XMLFileOpen(http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Traffic/Incidents/40.65,-73.55,40.95,-73.95?&output=xml&key=DELETED)

$count = _XMLGetNodeCount ("//worldCar/*")
;$count = _XMLGetNodeCount ("//Resource/*")

MsgBox(0,0,$count)

Dim $aAttrName[1], $aAttrValue[1], $node
for $x= 1 to $count
$node = _XMLGetAllAttrib ("/list/*["&$x-1&"]",$aAttrName,$aAttrValue )
$node1 = _XMLGetAllAttrib ("/list/*["&$x-1&"]/*",$aAttrName,$aAttrValue )

_ArrayDisplay($node," worldCar Value")
_ArrayDisplay($node1," physicsProfile Value")
;_ArrayDisplay($aAttrName,"Attrib Names")
;_ArrayDisplay($aAttrValue,"Attrib Value")

$node = _XMLGetAttrib("/list/*["&$x-1&"]/*","name",'[@id='&$x&']')
MsgBox(0,"Name Where Id="&$x,$node)
if @error then ExitLoop
Next

Exit

Here's the example I mentioned. It is being read directly from the website and it works with no issue. Now with the page I'm trying to access, I can't get anything out of it except a node count (when converting it to a string first) when I do _XMLGetNodeCount("//*"). As far as the IE function to use, its actually _IEDocReadHTML which spits out actual HTML tags. I guess I could use that in order to cycle through this and get the info I need with stringbetween, but this thing seemed cleaner and faster.

Edited by Champak