cookie deleting issue

iwak

Hello. Please help solve the following problem.

I trying to delete all cookie files in IE (except one site), but not have result.

here's the code that I used:

#include <File.au3>

$sdir = 'C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files'
$aFiles = _FileListToArray($sDir, '*.*', 1)
If @error Then Exit

For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0]
If Not StringInStr($aFiles[$i], 'google.com') Then
FileDelete($sDir & $aFiles[$i])
ConsoleWrite($aFiles[$i] & @LF)
EndIf
Next

But code is not working for this folder ("Temporary Internet Files"). Code works on other folders.

I think that the script cannot access this folder

Is it possible to fix this problem?
It may be possible to temporarily change the attribute of a folder, and then delete all needed the files?
Perhaps there is another solution of the problem?

Edited by iwak

What do you mean by "no result"? Does your script delete no files at all, does it crash etc.

Please provide as much information as possible.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What do you mean by "no result"? Does your script delete no files at all, does it crash etc.

Please provide as much information as possible.

I think he means no files are deleted

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Use

$aFiles = _FileListToArray($sDir, '*.*', 1, True)

to add the full path to the returned array.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Change line

FileDelete($sDir & $aFiles[$i])

to

FileDelete($aFiles[$i])

because the array element now contains the full path.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Your $sDir string doesn't contain a trailing backslash, so when you try to delete the file you get a path and file name  like this 'C:UsersadminAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet FilesSomefilenamegoeshere'

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This version should give you some more information about the files to be deleted:

• Displays the returned array of all files to be deleted.
  • Shows a message for each file to be deleted denoting success/error
#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$sdir = 'C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files'
$aFiles = _FileListToArray($sdir, '*.*', 1, True)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "_FileListToArray returned an error: " & @error)
_ArrayDisplay($aFiles) ; Display the array of files to b deleted

For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0]
    If Not StringInStr($aFiles[$i], 'google.com') Then
        $iResult = FileDelete($aFiles[$i])
        If $iResult <> 1 Then
            ConsoleWrite($aFiles[$i] & " could not be deleted!" & @CRLF)
        Else
            ConsoleWrite($aFiles[$i] & " successfully deleted!" & @CRLF
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The problem with this script is it is assuming that C:Users8540pAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet Files is where the cookies are stored. It's not. I investigated this path in the console, and these files shown in Explorer are NOT in that folder. They are located in C:Users8540pAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsTemporary Internet FilesLowContent.IE5 and the several hidden folders below THAT folder.

You're looking in the wrong place because Windows is hiding the true location from you.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator