How to stop a case without exiting

TheDcoder

Hello!,

I need some help with this

Case $start
                If FileExists('e\documents\' & $file) = 0
                    Msg(0, "", Error!!")
                    Exit ;Replace this with any thing which does not close the program
                EndIf

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Please have a look at keyword "ContinueCase"

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

TheDcoder, we're all about helping - but I notice most of your posts result in a suggestion of "Please look at <function name> in the Help File". Perhaps if you take some time to actually read through it, you'll save yourself some time.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

... and it saves us some time as well ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

BTW, continuecase is probably NOT what you want to use in this instance. What continuecase does is it causes the code in the next Case statement to run without testing whether that Case statement is true or not and aborting the currently running Case statement's code.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A circumvention: Using case xx twice in conjunction with continuecase.

Works as exitcase.

$i = InputBox("Case test", "Enter 1, 2 or 3", 2)
Switch $i
    Case 1
        MsgBox(64, "Case 1 selected", "Case 1  Press OK to exit", 0)
    Case 2
        If 2 = MsgBox(1 + 32 + 256, "Case 2 selected", "Case 2  Press CANCEL to break the case", 0) Then ContinueCase
        MsgBox(64, "Case 2 selected", "Case 2 was NOT interrupted", 0)
    Case 2 ; same case as above with no operation
    Case 3
        MsgBox(64, "Case 3 selected", "Case 3  Press OK to exit", 0)
    Case Else
        MsgBox(16, "Wrong Input entered", "Wrong input. Press OK to exit", 0)
EndSwitch

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Create a infinite loop and use EndLoop() where needed......

In This Case:

Case $start
                While 1
                        Msg(0, "", Error!!")
                        EndLoop()
                    EndIf
                    ; Add Remaining code here
                WEnd

;)

Edited by TheDcoder

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

That code doesn't exactly answer your problem. The way it's written you won't even need either the loop or the endloop. Your code is missing a lot of something in between the Endloop and the EndIf, because that If statement ends after the MsgBox anyways.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Then you shouldn't have posted it, because it doesn't fix the issue you're talking about in the first post at all, as written. Post something where that would actually work better than what has been suggested already, and that bears some resemblance to your actual script.

• Moderators

Create a infinite loop and use EndLoop() where needed......

In This Case:

Case $start
                While 1
                        Msg(0, "", Error!!")
                        EndLoop()
                    EndIf
                WEnd

;)

So, you want to create an infinite loop to break yourself out of a loop? :huh2:

Remind me never to buy software written by you. ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

No one suggested using ContinueLoop ?

is it because I did not understand correctly what the user asks?

Edited by Guest

Check post #2.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Check post #2.

Some time ago I checked it myself and I saw exactly what BrewManNH said at #6.

But, the user said thank you so there are two options:

1) he didn't tested it

2) he really need that that what BrewManNH described at #6 will happen

Edited by Guest