Search Address with a string

hey everybody :D

I've got a question

it's how do i search for an address giving a string (thats always the same) or something like that.

like the string is [thisIsAStringBLAHHH] and i want to know the address of that string

using nomadmemory or w/e else o:

I tried looking for it on google for a bit but i kinda didnt find anything.

(basically i want to do an automated search for an Address by using a string, that i atm have to do manually with CheatEngine.)

It's easy.

Just get the proc address of the target application and open it with debug privilages, then search through each byte of its memory for a "t", if you find one then check if the next set of bytes correspond tou your next chars in string, if not carry on from the byte you left6 off on.

If you don't find it then repeat the process looking for unicode (wchars).

Happy to help.

Over and out.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

gastor199,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums. :)

As so many questions of this type are to help with gamebot scripts (although I quite understand that this time might well be different) could I ask please you to read the Forum rules - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

gastor199,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums. :)

As so many questions of this type are to help with gamebot scripts (although I quite understand that this time might well be different) could I ask please you to read the Forum rules - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again. ;)

M23

Thanks ^_^

and sorry I didn't know x: I won't post anything like this ever again x:

I just wanted to know but I dont rly have anyone that actually could help me so i thought it's better to just ask on some forum o:

I'm rly sorry :/

But if it helps i didn't get what "JhonOne" said at all lol... xD I'm probably too stupid :c

• Moderators

gastor199,

I won't post anything like this ever again

Delighted to hear it. But you can use AutoIt for many things other than botting games - just take a look around the forum and be amazed at what it can do. I look forward to seeing you around here again soon - with a legitimate question, of course. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

gastor199,

Delighted to hear it. But you can use AutoIt for many things other than botting games - just take a look around the forum and be amazed at what it can do. I look forward to seeing you around here again soon - with a legitimate question, of course. ;)

M23

I actually use AutoIT alot already :D but mostly for... well not so legitimate stuff xD

but not only! :D

and I will definitly be arround some more to actually learn more about it ^_^

Thanks for not instantly deleting my topic and banning or warning me btw x: