Getting around a dynamic controlID

Hello,

I have an application that has dynamic window controlID's, so that each time I close and reopen the application the controlID has changed and my AutoIT script no longer works.

Is there a way to write a script that can find out what the controlID is and then have it run into the already existing script automatically?

Run('C:Program FilesmyCompanymyApplicationFoldertheApplication.exe')

_WinWaitActivate("Window ","text ")

WinActivate("Window ","text ")

ControlTreeView("Window ", "", 9306824, "Expand")
Sleep(1500)

ControlTreeView("Window ", "", 9306824, "Collapse")
Sleep(1500)

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Func=[GetAllWindowsControls]: ControlCounter=[ 18] ControlID=[9306824] Handle=[0x008E02C8] ClassNN=[WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.fcf9a41] XPos=[-9990] YPos=[-9938] Width=[ 469] Height=[ 202] IsVisible=[0] Text=[].

Edited by jreedmx

I think you might have pasted in the wrong systreeview control.  The one you posted seems to be intentionally outside the bounds of the viewable window, and isvisible=0.

Provide the output for all of that control class.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.