How to open Microsoft Excel?

Guest milt

I apologize in advance for asking such a simple question, but I'm very new to AutoIt. My question is what code do you write to open Microsoft Excel?

Milt

look for run and runwait in help

help has very good demo's at the bottom of each page

on your computer press the following

Start > All Programs > Autoit v3 > Autoit Help File

when that loads then press the "search" tab

then type in "?your search?" and press "List Topics"

**** you can do this with any word you want

thats what i do all the time

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Run('"c:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe"')

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Which version of Office actually has it's binaries located in a directory called "Office"? Office 2003 (by default) puts them in a sub-directory entitled "Office11". If I recall correctly, Office XP put them in "Office10". And then we're assuming Office is actually installed on the C: drive (which in my case it is not).

In other words, BigDod's solution may or may not work on any one machine in particular but the real answer to the problem can be solved by looking up the installation location or path to Excel in the registry so it won't matter where it is located.

Which version of Office actually has it's binaries located in a directory called "Office"? Office 2003 (by default) puts them in a sub-directory entitled "Office11". If I recall correctly, Office XP put them in "Office10". And then we're assuming Office is actually installed on the C: drive (which in my case it is not).

In other words, BigDod's solution may or may not work on any one machine in particular but the real answer to the problem can be solved by looking up the installation location or path to Excel in the registry so it won't matter where it is located.

Office 2000 has. It was just meant as an example and I would assume that he/she would check the location.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother