killing process with autoit

I used the Autoit recorder to capture some mouse and keystrokes. Got the desired results. I tried adding several code examples I found to kill an existing process by PID or by name. Either the PID or process is taking longer to expected to close as the code captured by the recorder seems to be hitting the same one I am trying to start. What would be best example of way to kill the process? I do have one other question about SW_HIDE. Do I need to use it under each _WinWaitActivate line to hide the whole recording?

#region --- Au3Recorder generated code Start (v3.3.9.5 KeyboardLayout=00000409)  ---
#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---
#include <Process.au3>

_ProcessCloseTree("6256")

Func _ProcessCloseTree($iPID)
    If IsString($iPID) Then $iPID = ProcessExists($iPID) ;To get PID
    If Not $iPID Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

Local $aProc_List = ProcessList()

For $i = 1 To $aProc_List[0][0]
        If _ProcessGetParent($aProc_List[$i][1]) = $iPID Then ProcessClose($aProc_List[$i][1])
    Next

ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc

Func _ProcessGetParent($iPID)
    Local $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
    Local $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
    Local $colItems = ""
    Local $strComputer = "localhost"

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2")
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) Then
        For $objItem In $colItems
            If $objItem.ProcessID = $iPID Then Return $objItem.ParentProcessID
        Next
    Endif

Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
EndFunc

Func _Au3RecordSetup()
Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)
Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)
Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)
Local $aResult = DllCall('User32.dll', 'int', 'GetKeyboardLayoutNameW', 'wstr', '')
If $aResult[1] <> '00000409' Then
  MsgBox(64, 'Warning', 'Recording has been done under a different Keyboard layout' & @CRLF & '(00000409->' & $aResult[1] & ')')
EndIf

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

_AU3RecordSetup()
#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---
Run('C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Connection Manager\HPConnectionManager.exe')
_WinWaitActivate("HP Connection Manager","")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActivate("Preferences","")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{DOWN}{TAB}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{SPACE}{TAB}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActivate("HP Connection Manager","")
Send("{ALTDOWN}{F4}{ALTUP}{TAB}{ENTER}")
#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---

Why not keep it simple with a While loop? Substitute process name with PID if desired.

While ProcessExists ("notepad.exe") <> 0

ProcessClose ("notepad.exe")

Sleep (101)

WEnd

Note: Code button is ignoring me. I don't need that, I can get that at home.

_aleph_

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

I'm using version 3.3.12.0 and I don't see any WinWaitActivate in the help file. Perhaps you need WinWait followed by WinActivate perhaps then followed by a WinWaitActive if necessary?

_aleph_

Edited by aleph01

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

Hi and thanks to all. No I recorded the process as if it was not running then had the recorder track all the keystrokes and mouse movements to deselect things. What I want prior to deployment is kill the process (it will be running on client computers) as the recorder starts by launcing the process. Maybe not best approach.

Edited by Briandr

Any ideas as to why this is not working. It was working fine yesterday. The two lines in the code window are not doing anything. Tried on more than one computer.

Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActivate("Preferences","")

When I check task manager the script is paused. It does not appear the tabs and enter are being sent. If I send the tabs manually the script is able to resume just fine. Ideally I'd like to send mouse clicks, but the recorder is not seeing my mouse clicks. 

• Moderators

Can you please explain what you are trying to do in the section with all the Sends? There has to be a better way...

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

App opens and I am trying to send enter to 'Preferences' buttonn. App has three tabs. So presumably with the window in focus I am tabbing down six times so I can send an enter to the button. I counted my tabs and it was six. App does not appear to have any valid key combs to get me to the button without all the tabbing

Edited by Briandr

• Moderators

Ok, like pulling teeth...What is the application? Is it something that can be done programmatically? How about a screenshot?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Screenshot in attachment

Now the darn thing is putting egg on my face. Its working now with the original code created by the Autoit recorder. Not sure if the app necessarily needed to be closed or maybe it was having trouble finding it (have multiple monitors), but if there is an easy way to streamline I'd like to. Thank you.

HPConnMgr.docx

Edited by Briandr