Automate Media Player

I have been searching high and low for a Media Player that can be automated. I need a Media Player that can for example, be opened and if the video is 1 minute long go to 22 seconds and only play til 42 seconds and then close , play another segment, or wait for more instruction. I have not found anything even close. Can AutoIt help with this? Thanks

Hi, thanks, this high and low search that I have been involved with for years has never produced anything, I will say first. I would take any (brand, software, etc.), before I posted the message I did a search here for VLC and did not come up with a forum result. Now that you have said it I will go look for it again. As for what I have tried; just about every popular media player on the market, Gom (which I have gotten the most done with automating) VLC, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, KMP, to name just a few. Quicktime has the most extensive info on ultimate (really good) control of a media player via there SMIL technology, but the support is missing plus they dumped it about 2010. Realplayer is the only thing I have seen that still uses it but not well. It is very slow and non-responsive, video hangs before changing clips and bringing up new ones to play. SMIL in Quicktime is the real stuff. I had went on Apples forums to see if anybody new of plans for Apple to do anything with it, but no real responces. I can’t imagine SMIL with AutoIt’s power it would be too good to be true! As for what did not work, SMIL was the only way I was able to get a video to play an A (in) - B (out) clip and then play another from a different video. For example let’s say you had a long news clip where for a particular context you only wanted to show 5 minutes that is within the video and then move on to a similar point in another video. Thank so much!

Edited by pctechtv

I have learned via the VLC forum that the extension Clipper does what I want. I happy to see and learn that all it does is create *.m3u script to set the in and out for the clips with their file path. This is really what I wanted, now to use this info to make AutoIt really do some cool automation. I have been reading on what some users have already done. I plan to learn more about the techniques here. I am ecstatic! Thanks