Can I send a command to a remote pc? Running my program?

I have about 30 computers in the room, each run an autoit program that monitors activity. I wanted to know. Is there any way I can make another program that sends a message to that computer (maybe to the program or by it's computer name), that makes it do something?

Like... My computer has admin.exe, which I want to have a button say "Get ScreenShot of computer"

I put in the computer name to get a screen shot of

Then it sends a message or command to the computer running the program

(Maybe somehow get the program to listen?)

Then their program takes a screen shot, and saves it (I have the code for this)

I have about 30 computers in the room, each run an autoit program that monitors activity. I wanted to know. Is there any way I can make another program that sends a message to that computer (maybe to the program or by it's computer name), that makes it do something?

Like... My computer has admin.exe, which I want to have a button say "Get ScreenShot of computer"

I put in the computer name to get a screen shot of

Then it sends a message or command to the computer running the program

(Maybe somehow get the program to listen?)

yes, it is possible to do what you want with the TCP functions in beta. someone else is already working on a remote control program that works via ICQ that they will be posting code for, and there are other TCP examples already on this forum that i think will give you the most help.

For stuff like this I always cheat and use the registry or an INI file for interapplication communication. One program monitors the file or registry value, and the other writes to it. If you need two way communications it's best to use two files or two values so that they don't get in each other's way.

Edited by bluebearr
BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

I think the TCP path woul dbe your best bet, IMHO. I just finished some code to work on one machine that manages mounted ISO files to virtual drives (Daemon Tools). My clients do multi-cd installs, which requires the ISO server to listen and respond to strings sent by clients (re: I need cd 2 of x application, in reality the id string is much shorter but you get the picture).

it's actually really simple code, I just needed the syntax cleared up for me. When I get to work today I'll post the gist of the code I have that runs the TCP functions. Very cool stuff!

Can you share the code that does this? Do you simply send a Printscreen and then paste the clipboard into Paint, or is it done with code? I could use something like this...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format