Send a hidden command/text to a cmd console/window

weszzer

Hi

I have a simple command in Autoit similar to the command below. Basically I'm sending a command to a cmd console.

after running/opening the cmd window.

My question is, how to hide the command that I send to cmd window. I would like to make the command invisible so the user cannot see the command

being written in a cmd console. A blank cmd console is fine.

Below sample is similar to bigger command I'm working on.

Run("cmd.exe")
Sleep(1000)
Send ("cd\Testfolder")
Send ("{Enter}")
Send("myApps.exe")
Send ("{Enter}")

Thank you for the help

You can create a .bat file?

like this:

cd Testfolder

myApps.exe

save in 12345.bat

and:

ShellExecute("12345.bat","","","",@SW_HIDE)
Edited by Cyber
Console Browse: Navigate on the WEB in a textual consoleMultiPing!: Show computer on the lan and/or show the local/remote task, ALL animated!KillaWin: Event executingCryptPage: Crypt your webpage and show only with key

You cannot hide the text you type or send to a command prompt.

Can you not just hide the cmd window?

Why would you even want to do this, out of curiosity.

Hi JohnOne,

My script will send a date and time to command console and execute, then it will open a third party app (running on task manager).

The problem is that if I hide the cmd window the text I send to a cmd console via  autoit did not execute or not written to the cmd window, I think there something about the focus.

Thanks

You can create a .bat file?

like this:

cd Testfolder

myApps.exe

save in 12345.bat

and:

ShellExecute("12345.bat","","","",@SW_HIDE)

Hi Cyber, sorry for my incomplete example, basically I have a long script that send a different date and other command to the cmd console. then open the myApps.exe that do other commands based on the date given (send using autoit).

I would like to hide all the command sent by autoit to the cmd console.

this is similar to the @Echo Off, but I don't know how to apply it in Autoit..

Thank you

If you only want send commands to an hidden CMD prompt,

and you do not need to get the otput of the commands sent,

then you can simply run an hidden dos prompt with the input stream redirected to your script,

and use the input redirected handle to send commands to the prompt.
Something like this for example:

#include <Constants.au3>

$cmd_Pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /k", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD) ; $STDIN_CHILD (0x1) = Provide a handle to the child's STDIN stream

StdinWrite($cmd_Pid, "cd \Testfolder" & @CRLF)
StdinWrite($cmd_Pid, "myApps.exe" & @CRLF)
; .... and so on

the hidden dos promt will stay hidden and in standby for your commands till your script will end. In this way you can send commands time by time when you need.

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Try ControlSend.

Or Look for console UDF in example scripts, see if that can help.

I'm not sure, but afraid that ControlSend will not send to a cmd prompt,

anyway SendKeepActive() can be used to keep the dos window active while using send() to have better luck to send to the proper destination..

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Or even better :thumbsup:

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
Run("cmd.exe")
$handle = (WinWait("[REGEXPTITLE:cmd.exe]", "", 3) ? (WinActivate("[LAST]") ? WinWaitActive("[LAST]") : 0) : SetError(1, 0, 0))
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "cd \Testfolder" & @CRLF)
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "myApps.exe" & @CRLF)
Sleep(3000) ; delay to check output. Delete line to continue without delay
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "cls" & @CRLF)
Sleep(2000)
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "exit" & @CRLF)

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Or even better :thumbsup:

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0)
Run("cmd.exe")
$handle = (WinWait("[REGEXPTITLE:cmd.exe]", "", 3) ? (WinActivate("[LAST]") ? WinWaitActive("[LAST]") : 0) : SetError(1, 0, 0))
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "cd \Testfolder" & @CRLF)
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "myApps.exe" & @CRLF)
Sleep(3000) ; delay to check output. Delete line to continue without delay
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "cls" & @CRLF)
Sleep(2000)
ControlSend($handle, "", "", "exit" & @CRLF)

Exit, thanks for the response.

I tried the command but I got this error below

$handle = (WinWait("[REGEXPTITLE:cmd.exe]", "", 3) ^ ERROR

Thanks

• Moderators

What version of AutoIt are you using?

Also, [REGEXPTITLE:cmd.exe], that's is kind of confusing since there's no regular expression there other than the [dot] could equal anything or cmd[any character]exe could be anywhere in the title.  Should be [REGEXPTITLE:(?i)cmd.exe$] at the very least.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What version of AutoIt are you using?

Also, [REGEXPTITLE:cmd.exe], that's is kind of confusing since there's no regular expression there other than the [dot] could equal anything or cmd[any character]exe could be anywhere in the title.  Should be [REGEXPTITLE:(?i)cmd.exe$] at the very least.

SciTE4AutoIt3 

Version 1.76

Jun 12 2008 09:52:15

Cheers

That's not the AutoIt version, that is the SciTE version number (and it's OLD).

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Well, that says a lot ... considering I'm on a much higher SciTe version, but I asked about your AutoIt version.

You probably need to do some updating, I imagine you're using a very old version.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you only want send commands to an hidden CMD prompt,

and you do not need to get the otput of the commands sent,

then you can simply run an hidden dos prompt with the input stream redirected to your script,

and use the input redirected handle to send commands to the prompt.

Something like this for example:

#include <Constants.au3>

$cmd_Pid = Run(@ComSpec & " /k", "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD) ; $STDIN_CHILD (0x1) = Provide a handle to the child's STDIN stream

StdinWrite($cmd_Pid, "cd \Testfolder" & @CRLF)
StdinWrite($cmd_Pid, "myApps.exe" & @CRLF)
; .... and so on

the hidden dos promt will stay hidden and in standby for your commands till your script will end. In this way you can send commands time by time when you need.

Hi chimp, thanks for the response.

The command didn't showed-up. (because of the "@SW_hide" ?), I tried to change it using  @SW_shownormal and @sw_show (just to see what is being written) but the cmd window disappear in  flick of an eye.

Cheers

Edited by weszzer

H guys, this is my code.

basically the extract.exe will execute the command and the date.

I would like to hide the " Send ("extract.exe -Date ....) displaying on the cmd window

include <date.au3>
Run("cmd.exe")
Sleep(1000)
Send ("{Enter}")
Sleep (1000)
Send ("cd\testfolder\") 
Sleep(1000) 
Send("{Enter}")
Send("Extract.exe -Date " & @YEAR &"/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY-1) ; command should not be visible at the cmd window
Sleep(2000) 
Send("{Enter}

• Moderators

You've been given solutions.

You've not provided needed information... again, what version of AutoIt are you running.

MsgBox(0, "Version", @AutoItVersion)

Run that and tell us the output.

If it's less than 3.3.12.0 then I'd suggest you go here and download the latest AutoIt

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Then after that, download the latest "full version" of scite for autoit (the script editor).