Using Russian Letters in Scripts

Baku

Hi,

does anyknow know how to use cyrillic letters in my scripts? Like output one by pressing it and stuff? I wanted to make a little tool u can use for writing cyrillic letters with a west-european keyboard. I saw something like Çäðàâñòâóé, but how the heck shall i use that? Maybe someone knows a little page with this crypted stuff.. or whatever it is.

Thanks for any help ;)

if the Cyrill char are map in a byte (no UNICODE) it could work.

AutoIt simulates Keystrokes. So if you can produce a cyrillic char with a combination of keys you can get the result.

THe Autoit simulation can have trouble with dyadic characters as ê which is produce by ^ followed by e. the ^ is displayed only when the e is typed.

I can help more if I was knowing how a Russiian keyboard is working. ;)

I also had the idea with the keystrokes, but i dont know any... Theres a windows characters map (charmap.exe or something) there we're some signs and stuff but i dont have a clue how to use them.

ok, well.. The russian D i.e: Д --> 0xA7 --> U+0414 - But how shall i use this in a script?

I also had the idea with the keystrokes, but i dont know any... Theres a windows characters map (charmap.exe or something) there we're some signs and stuff but i dont have a clue how to use them.

ok, well.. The russian D i.e: Д --> 0xA7 --> U+0414 - But how shall i use this in a script?

I don't understand what means U+414 but if the russian D is 0xA7 Send("{ASC 167}") certainly display a russian D in notepad for instance

;)

Why don't you ClipPut your letter and paste it with Send("^v")?

I know this is not the best way, but it works.

Also, search the forums for "Unicode," and add a vote for its future implementation.

I see your vote but it is very difficult to change AutoIt from non unicode to unicode.

What could be the minimal set of functions to have a Unicode parameters? ;)

Although I'm new to the forums, I've been helped by AutoIt for quite sometime (thank you Jon and you guys!).

I'm not a developper. I browsed through the forums and noticed many Unicode requests. I can imagine the development challenges, but supporting Unicode will significantly expand the world of AutoIt. This means that you have more supporters, I guess. More non-English codes could be used anywhere without modifications, perhaps?

Is it possible to implement Unicode for most coveted features, such as RegExp, at least?