Using AutoIT with Flash website

Hi all,

First time poster, avid reader. I have a basic knowledge of auto it (enough cobble some bits together but thats all). I can read some html and im good with vba. (Enough about me).

So, what to achieve is:

Access a website (happy to login by manually as we all have our own id's)

Click certain buttons on that website

Easy enough in vba, but here is the spanner in my plans... its a flash website and I know nothing about flash at all... So im looking for some help.

All i can see in the inspect elements in Chrome or use the window info in auto it... is the whole page... not the buttons them selves. So 2 questions to start (don't want someone to do it for me, im not that lazy)

Can I iterate through all the available button and look for an inner text like I would with html? if so... how?

I would appreciate any help I can get, as I have googled it to death but im not getting anyway with my specific issue... Please help if you can (trust me nothing is too basic in relation to flash stuff anyway)

*if you need more details, or something else specific let me knwo and Ill post that up asap.

Welcome to the AutoIt forum Shadow12345! :D

There is a function for getting the inner text called _IEPropertyGet which you can then use with "innertext". If this page has a form you'll start off with _IEFormGetObjByName().

Have a look at each functions help page and give it a try, and post your results, whether it's another question, or a concern.

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: You'll need to use IE with this, otherwise you'll need to use the >Automation UDF in the example scripts.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Welcome!

The root of the problem here i think is the Chrome, since autoits functions are made to handle the internet explorer. If you have something like AU3.info for the browser (debugbar, or f12 worked for me in IE) that could help you grab the information you need from chrome, dont know if you can grab them using IE and then just use tht information in chrome. Mylesf never did anything with autoit and chrome but i guess this >link could be of some help.

Best of skillz!

Here's the million dollar question.

What is the URL?

I expect I already know the answer you will give.

and you guess it... its an internal website, but some good info so far. Ill trawl the net and find a public website that works the same.

You noted correctly that its a flash based website... so it may not be possibe, if it was HTML only i could muddle through. Is there any script that will list out the possible elements in a flash site? If it helps I could post how i'd do that with VBA and maybe someone could tell me how in flash with autoit?

If it helps I could post how i'd do that with VBA and maybe someone could tell me how in flash with autoit?

If you can get the flash elements with VBA you should be able to get them with AutoIt.

Post your VBA.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Shadow12345,

you can either go the crude way, as jdelaney post #7 suggests, or try here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/genie.adobe/

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Wow lots of replies thanks so much.

Shadow12345,

you can either go the crude way, as jdelaney post #7 suggests, or try here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/genie.adobe/

if all else fails, i might take this route.. but it took me 3 weeks to get autoit installed (they don't like installing anything "non standard" here

If you can get the flash elements with VBA you should be able to get them with AutoIt.

Post your VBA.

I can't get the flash elements... I meant I could get the elements from a regular HTML page in vba... but vba won't do flash with external add ins

I'm not sure what info your gathering from the website but is it possible you could use WinHttp and make server calls. Here's a link to Trancexx's UDF. 

ill check that out... see what i can find.

You are stuck with pixel searches, Sends, OCR,  and mouseclicks.  Good luck.

OCR.... hmmmm interesting, now that I didn't know I could do with autoit... ill check that out as well.

Im still searching for a page that looks the same but with no luck. Ill update when I can though.

Cheers.

You can install, and lookup MODI...it used to come standard with MSOffice, but now you have to install it with Sharepoint Designer 2007 (it's an additional addon)...that's a free software download.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.