How to send unicode letters with send function

kcvinu

Hi there,

I need to make a script which sends some text in my native language(Malayalam, India) to MS Word. Now AutoIt shows "???????" instead of showing my text. How to fix this.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

From the Send-Helpfile:

To send UNICODE characters you must use the "ASC" option and the code of the character you wish to send (see {ASC} at the bottom of the table below).

To get the Unicode of a character you have to use:

AscW ( "char" )

But AutoIt doesn't fully support all UNICODE characters (just read through the helpfile)

Edited by draien

Or you could use the Word UDF that comes with AutoIt and check if this works as expected.

The UDF is more stable as it doesn't interfere with user input.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

draien , Thanks for the quick reply. I am planning to make this script with a gui. That is, User can add as many text items in this program and set hotkeys for each text. And when user pressed the hotkey, the text should be appear in the top most window. So i need to use a textbox and find the ASC code of that text. Am i right ?
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

water, i didn't understand properly
Spoiler

My Contributions

The send function goes to the active window. If the user switches to another window while your script is running you will get wrong results.

The Word UDF uses COM to directly access the Word document.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

draien , Thanks for the quick reply. I am planning to make this script with a gui. That is, User can add as many text items in this program and set hotkeys for each text. And when user pressed the hotkey, the text should be appear in the top most window. So i need to use a textbox and find the ASC code of that text. Am i right ?

Wouldn't it be easier to just copy-paste this?

Use Clipget() and ClipPut()

Like in the following:

ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($YOURTEXTBOXHERE))

;Activate your top most window
ClipPut()
;Or
Send("{^v}")
Edited by draien

Hi water, I think i need to study more about the term UDF. I hope i can find some tutorials in google. Application focus is not a problem. User only want the text when he/she is working with MS Word. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Hi 

draien

I need variables to store the data from textbox. And may be i need a text file or a database to store those data to get after a restart. So i think the ClipPut func will not work for me.

Spoiler

My Contributions

UDF stands for User Defined Functions. This libraries add functions to AutoIt and either come with AutoIt (UDFs for Internet Explorer, Excel, Word etc.) or are provided by users on the forum (UDFs for Outlook, Active Directory etc.) or other places.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki