Help with IE UDF

I have just began to play around with the IE UDF. I am running into a problem where certain buttons I want to click do not have a name or id value.

For example <button onclick="dosomething()">A button</button>

Is there a way to find this button based on the division it is contained within or the text displayed on the button? I found _IELinkClickByText(), but it doesn't seem to work for buttons. Is there something similar to _IEButtonClickByText() maybe?

EDIT: I should also note that these buttons are not part of a form, so I can't use _IEFormGetCollection().

Edited by MrTieDye

Will help people help you, if you show a significant amount of the containing HTML or better still a link to the page.

Things like _IETagNameGetCollection will help and using index numbers.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

What JohnOne said... but, you can loop through the indexes and use innerText to match your criteria.

This is a function (it will be a bit different as I'm going to add byValue as well) that I'll be including in my IEJS.au3 library, see if it helps.

Func _IEJS_GetObjByText(ByRef $oObj, $sInnerText, $sTag = "", $iIndex = -1, $bInStr = False)

If Not IsObj($oObj) Then
        Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType, 1, 0)
    EndIf

$sTag = (IsKeyword($sTag) Or Not StringLen($sTag)) ? "" : $sTag
    $iIndex = (IsKeyword($iIndex) Or $iIndex < 0) ? -1 : $iIndex

Local $oTags = (StringLen($sTag)) ? _IETagNameGetCollection($oObj, $sTag, $iIndex) : _
        _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oObj, $iIndex)
    Local $iExtended = @extended
    If Not IsObj($oTags) Then
        Return SetError($_IESTATUS_NoMatch, 2, 0)
    EndIf

Local $aRet[$iExtended], $iCount
    For $oTag In $oTags
        If $bInStr Then
            If StringInStr($oTag.innerText, $sInnerText) Then
                $aRet[$iCount] = $oTag
                $iCount += 1
            EndIf
        Else
            If String($oTag.innerText) = $sInnerText Then
                $aRet[$iCount] = $oTag
                $iCount += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next

If Not $iCount Then
        Return SetError($_IESTATUS_NoMatch, 3, 0)
    EndIf

ReDim $aRet[$iCount]
    Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 1, 1)
EndFunc

It returns an array of objects (or no array/error) found.  Hope you know how to work with arrays ;).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thank you for your replies. I tried to tinker with the info you provided, but I didn't get very far. :( I am sure the fault lies with me, not with the information you provided.

I am a hobbyist programmer. I have learned everything I know about programming from books and various tutorials and such on the internet. I started with QBasic in 1996, so I have been at this a while. I am not bragging, just letting you know where I am coming from. I have used AutoIt on and off for various projects over the years, but I am not intimate with it. To be honest, I mainly use it to write video game bots. *ducks behind a large rock* The project I am currently working on involves a "bot" for a browser based game. 

I don't really understand what an Object Collection is, much less what to do with it once I have created one. I have Googled until my eyes started watering, and I still haven't found a satisfactory answer. Perhaps I should start there. Could someone point me to a tutorial that breaks down IE UDF's Object Collection to a Sesame Street level?

• Moderators

At the top of this forum, and at the bottom right of every page, there are the Forum Rules.

Unfortunately you've broken a cardinal rule, no need to duck, the RPG blew the rock all to hell.

Please don't post for help on games/botting and read the forum rules.

Topic closed

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.