Using skins with AutoIt

legend

Hello,

There's a few skin solutions for AutoIt,

2 of them are: msstyles, and skincrafter skins.

Skincrafter works on one of my machines, but on my other machine it doesen't apply the skin for some reason, I'm running windows 8 on both systems.

With msstyle skins, It doesen't automaticly change the size of the gui, so if you run the script on another machine with a different resolutions, it looks weird,

I wish there were a solution for the msstyle, since it's far better than skincrafter in my opinion.

Does anyone got a suggestion :)?

Here you can see what a msstyle skin looks like on my small Microsoft surface:

i4K3OMiKsg1Z7.PNG

On my Imac, 27k, 5k display, it looks even more weird.

Only on my 22' screen it looks normal:

be821f0c6c.png

If I remove the msstyle skin, it looks normal on all of my computers

Edited by legend

If you're developing for public usage, then "skinning" your application adds unfamiliarity for your users who are use to their system's theme.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

look in my sign for DPI Awareness

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

This is not ScreenResolution related Issue.

This is FontDPI related issue.

Did you check my second example ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

When you use msstyle skins , do you change entire Windows theme ?

Here you can see what a msstyle skin looks like on my small Microsoft surface:

What DPI is set "on your small Microsoft surface" ?

EDIT:

remove duplicated content 

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I tried your example, but when I apply the msstyle skin, it still looks weird.

The msstyle skin only changes the GUI skin, not the whole windows skin.

my DPI is 208.

Here you can see the big difference with and without a msstyle skin (picture taken from my surface):

iLnwekfL0XeC3.PNG

Edited by legend

in second post (in this topic) you show us this following Sample GUI

i4K3OMiKsg1Z7.PNG

My second example use the almost the same sample GUI script.

First question:

Can you show here how look the gui from this following example (of course "on your small Microsoft surface" ) 

#Region INCLUDE
#include <AVIConstants.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#EndRegion INCLUDE

; Global $bDPI_Awareness = MsgBox($MB_YESNO, 'Question:', 'Do you want to set DPI Awareness ?') = $IDYES
Global $bDPI_Awareness = True

#Region GUI
GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 500)
If $bDPI_Awareness Then
    GUISetFont(8.5 * _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()[0])
EndIf
GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0)
#EndRegion GUI

#Region MENU
Local $idMenu1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu &One")
Local $idMenu2 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu &Two")
GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu Th&ree")
GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu &Four")
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('SubMenu One &A', $idMenu1)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem('SubMenu One &B', $idMenu1)
#EndRegion MENU

#Region CONTEXT MENU
Local $idContextMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu()
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Context Menu", $idContextMenu)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("", $idContextMenu) ; Separator
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Properties", $idContextMenu)
#EndRegion CONTEXT MENU

#Region PIC
GUICtrlCreatePic("logo4.gif", 0, 0, 169, 68)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region PIC')
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Sample Pic", 75, 1, 53, 15)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)
#EndRegion PIC

#Region AVI
GUICtrlCreateAvi("SampleAVI.avi", 0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region AVI') ; TODO
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Sample avi", 175, 50)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region AVI - Label')
#EndRegion AVI

#Region TAB
GUICtrlCreateTab(240, 0, 150, 70)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("One")
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB1')
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Sample Tab with TabItems", 250, 40)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Two")
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB2')
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Three")
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB3')
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")
#EndRegion TAB

#Region COMBO
GUICtrlCreateCombo("Sample Combo", 250, 80, 120, 100)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region COMBO')
#EndRegion COMBO

#Region PROGRESS
GUICtrlCreateProgress(60, 80, 150, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region PROGRES')
GUICtrlSetData(-1, 60)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Progress:", 5, 82)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region PROGRES - Label')
#EndRegion PROGRESS

#Region EDIT
GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & "  Sample Edit Control", 10, 110, 150, 70)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT')
#EndRegion EDIT

#Region LIST
GUICtrlCreateList("", 5, 190, 100, 90)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region LIST')
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "A.Sample|B.List|C.Control|D.Here", "B.List")
#EndRegion LIST

#Region ICON
GUICtrlCreateIcon("explorer.exe", 0, 175, 120)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region ICON')
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Icon", 180, 160, 50, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region ICON - Label')
#EndRegion ICON

#Region LIST VIEW
Local $idListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Sample|ListView|", 110, 190, 110, 80)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region LIST VIEW')
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("A|One", $idListView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("B|Two", $idListView)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("C|Three", $idListView)
#EndRegion LIST VIEW

#Region GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS
GUICtrlCreateGroup("Sample Group", 230, 120)
GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio One", 250, 140, 80)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS- RADIO1')
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
GUICtrlCreateRadio("Radio Two", 250, 165, 80)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS- RADIO2')
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) ;close group
#EndRegion GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS

#Region UPDOWN
GUICtrlCreateLabel("UpDown", 350, 115)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region UPDOWN - Label')
GUICtrlCreateInput("42", 350, 130, 40, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region UPDOWN - Input')
GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region UPDOWN - Updown')
#EndRegion UPDOWN

#Region LABEL
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Green" & @CRLF & "Label", 350, 165, 40, 40)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region LABEL')
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
#EndRegion LABEL

#Region SLIDER
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Slider:", 235, 215)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region SLIDER - Label')
GUICtrlCreateSlider(270, 210, 120, 30)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region SLIDER')
GUICtrlSetData(-1, 30)
#EndRegion SLIDER

#Region INPUT
GUICtrlCreateInput("Sample Input Box", 235, 255, 130, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region INPUT')
#EndRegion INPUT

#Region DATE
GUICtrlCreateDate("", 5, 280, 200, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region DATE')
GUICtrlCreateLabel("(Date control expands into a calendar)", 10, 305, 200, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region DATE - Label')
#EndRegion DATE

#Region BUTTON
GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 330, 100, 30)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON')
#EndRegion BUTTON

#Region CHECKBOX
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Checkbox", 130, 335, 80, 20)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region CHECKBOX')
#EndRegion CHECKBOX

#Region TREEVIEW ONE
Local $idTreeView_1 = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(210, 290, 80, 80)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TREEVIEW ONE')
Local $idTreeItem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $idTreeView_1)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item1", $idTreeItem)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item2", $idTreeItem)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Foo", -1)
GUICtrlSetState($idTreeItem, $GUI_EXPAND)
#EndRegion TREEVIEW ONE

#Region TREEVIEW TWO
Local $idTreeView_2 = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(295, 290, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TREEVIEW TWO')
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $idTreeView_2)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("With", $idTreeView_2)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("$TVS_CHECKBOXES", $idTreeView_2)
GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Style", $idTreeView_2)
#EndRegion TREEVIEW TWO

#Region DPI Awareness - example
GUICtrlCreateLabel("DPI Awareness TEST", 10, 410, 380, 25)
If $bDPI_Awareness Then
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20 * _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()[0])
Else
    GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 20)
EndIf
#EndRegion DPI Awareness - the best example

#Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop

EndSwitch
WEnd

GUIDelete()
#EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP

;######################################################################################################################################
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio([$iDPIDef = 96])
; Parameters ....: $iDPIDef             - [optional] An integer value. Default is 96.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: UEZ
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/159612-dpi-resolution-problem/?hl=%2Bdpi#entry1158317
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio($iDPIDef = 96)
    _GDIPlus_Startup()
    Local $hGfx = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @extended, 0)
    Local $aResult
    #forcedef $__g_hGDIPDll, $ghGDIPDll

$aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)

If @error Then Return SetError(2, @extended, 0)
    Local $iDPI = $aResult[2]
    Local $aresults[2] = [$iDPIDef / $iDPI, $iDPI / $iDPIDef]
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    Return $aresults
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio

and second question:

How you use "msstyle skins"?

Is it a Windows Theme or you are "specially" modify your script to use this skin only for your app (not for entire Windows system) ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Moderators

and second question:

How you use "msstyle skins"?

Is it a Windows Theme or you are "specially" modify your script to use this skin only for your app (not for entire Windows system) ?

Probably with >_USkinLibrary

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Today, I can not continue to check.
I have an urgent new demands, from my client.

I'll try to get back to the topic tomorrow night.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I check a litle and It is this UDF.

SampleControls.au3 is exaclty the same gui 

i4K3OMiKsg1Z7.PNG

@legend

Next time please post a link to any UDF you are using when you want to get quick help.

I will try to check it.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Wow man
I guess we do not understand.

this is original SampleControls.au3 from _USkinLibrary UDF

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=0                    ;Compression parameter 0-4  0=Low 2=normal 4=High. Default=2
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n                         ;(Y/N) Compress output program.  Default=Y

; AutoIt 3.0.103 example
; 17 Jan 2005 - CyberSlug
; This script shows manual positioning of all controls;
;   there are much better methods of positioning...

;----> Only the lines to skin your program...
#include "_UskinLibrary.au3"
;--
_Uskin_LoadDLL()
_USkin_Init(@ScriptDir & "\Skins\OldSkool.msstyles"); <-- Put here your skin...
;--
; If you use skin embedded...
;_Uskin_LoadDLL()
;#include ".\Skins\OldSkool.au3"
;_USkin_Init(_OldSkool(True))
;<----

; GUI
GuiCreate("Sample GUI", 400, 400)
GuiSetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0)

; MENU
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&One")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Two")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("MenuTh&ree")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Four")

; CONTEXT MENU
$contextMenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu()
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("Context Menu", $contextMenu)
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("", $contextMenu) ;separator
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("&Properties", $contextMenu)

; PIC
GuiCtrlCreatePic("logo4.gif",0,0, 169,68)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample pic", 75, 1, 53, 15)
GuiCtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff)

; AVI
GuiCtrlCreateAvi("sampleAVI.avi",0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample avi", 170, 50)

; TAB
GuiCtrlCreateTab(240, 0, 150, 70)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("One")
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample Tab with tabItems", 250, 40)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Two")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Three")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("")

; COMBO
GuiCtrlCreatecombo("Sample Combo", 250, 80, 120, 100)

; PROGRESS
GuiCtrlCreateProgress(60, 80, 150, 20)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 60)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Progress:", 5, 82)

; EDIT
GuiCtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & "  Sample Edit Control", 10, 110, 150, 70)

; LIST
GuiCtrlCreateList("", 5, 190, 100, 90)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, "a.Sample|b.List|c.Control|d.Here", "b.List")

; ICON
GuiCtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 1, 175, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Icon", 180, 160, 50, 20)

; LIST VIEW
$listView = GuiCtrlCreateListView("Sample|ListView|", 110, 190, 110, 80)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("A|One", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("B|Two", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("C|Three", $listView)

; GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS
GuiCtrlCreateGroup("Sample Group", 230, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio One", 250, 140, 80)
GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_CHECKED)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio Two", 250, 165, 80)
GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",-99,-99,1,1)  ;close group

; UPDOWN
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("UpDown", 350, 115)
GuiCtrlCreateInput("42", 350, 130, 40, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateUpDown(-1)

; LABEL
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Green" & @CRLF & "Label", 350, 165, 40, 40)
GuiCtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

; SLIDER
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Slider:", 235, 215)
GuiCtrlCreateSlider(270, 210, 120, 30)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 30)

; INPUT
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Sample Input Box", 235, 255, 130, 20)

; DATE
GuiCtrlCreateDate("", 5, 280, 200, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("(Date control expands into a calendar)", 10, 305, 200, 20)

; BUTTON
GuiCtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 330, 100, 30)

; CHECKBOX
GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox("Checkbox", 130, 335, 80, 20)

; TREEVIEW ONE
$treeOne = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(210, 290, 80, 80)
$treeItem = GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeOne)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item1", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item2", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Foo", -1)
GuiCtrlSetState($treeItem, $GUI_EXPAND)

; TREEVIEW TWO
$treeTwo = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(295, 290, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("With", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("tvs_checkboxes", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Style", $treeTwo)

; GUI MESSAGE LOOP
GuiSetState()
While GuiGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd

Here is the same code but modified by me, using my Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround (look in my signature)

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=0                    ;Compression parameter 0-4  0=Low 2=normal 4=High. Default=2
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n                         ;(Y/N) Compress output program.  Default=Y

; AutoIt 3.0.103 example
; 17 Jan 2005 - CyberSlug
; This script shows manual positioning of all controls;
;   there are much better methods of positioning...
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Global $bDPI_Awareness = MsgBox($MB_YESNO, 'Question:', 'Do you want to set DPI Awareness ?') = $IDYES

;----> Only the lines to skin your program...
#include "_UskinLibrary.au3"
;--
_Uskin_LoadDLL()
_USkin_Init(@ScriptDir & "\Skins\OldSkool.msstyles"); <-- Put here your skin...
;--
; If you use skin embedded...
;_Uskin_LoadDLL()
;#include ".\Skins\OldSkool.au3"
;_USkin_Init(_OldSkool(True))
;<----

; GUI
GuiCreate("Sample GUI", 400, 400)
If $bDPI_Awareness Then
    GUISetFont(8.5 * _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()[0])
EndIf

GuiSetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0)

; MENU
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&One")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Two")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("MenuTh&ree")
GuiCtrlCreateMenu("Menu&Four")

; CONTEXT MENU
$contextMenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu()
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("Context Menu", $contextMenu)
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("", $contextMenu) ;separator
GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("&Properties", $contextMenu)

; PIC
GuiCtrlCreatePic("logo4.gif",0,0, 169,68)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample pic", 75, 1, 53, 15)
GuiCtrlSetColor(-1,0xffffff)

; AVI
GuiCtrlCreateAvi("sampleAVI.avi",0, 180, 10, 32, 32, $ACS_AUTOPLAY)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample avi", 170, 50)

; TAB
GuiCtrlCreateTab(240, 0, 150, 70)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("One")
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Sample Tab with tabItems", 250, 40)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Two")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Three")
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("")

; COMBO
GuiCtrlCreatecombo("Sample Combo", 250, 80, 120, 100)

; PROGRESS
GuiCtrlCreateProgress(60, 80, 150, 20)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 60)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Progress:", 5, 82)

; EDIT
GuiCtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & "  Sample Edit Control", 10, 110, 150, 70)

; LIST
GuiCtrlCreateList("", 5, 190, 100, 90)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, "a.Sample|b.List|c.Control|d.Here", "b.List")

; ICON
GuiCtrlCreateIcon("shell32.dll", 1, 175, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Icon", 180, 160, 50, 20)

; LIST VIEW
$listView = GuiCtrlCreateListView("Sample|ListView|", 110, 190, 110, 80)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("A|One", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("B|Two", $listView)
GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("C|Three", $listView)

; GROUP WITH RADIO BUTTONS
GuiCtrlCreateGroup("Sample Group", 230, 120)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio One", 250, 140, 80)
GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Radio Two", 250, 165, 80)
GUICtrlCreateGroup ("",-99,-99,1,1)  ;close group

; UPDOWN
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("UpDown", 350, 115)
GuiCtrlCreateInput("42", 350, 130, 40, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateUpDown(-1)

; LABEL
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Green" & @CRLF & "Label", 350, 165, 40, 40)
GuiCtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)

; SLIDER
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Slider:", 235, 215)
GuiCtrlCreateSlider(270, 210, 120, 30)
GuiCtrlSetData(-1, 30)

; INPUT
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Sample Input Box", 235, 255, 130, 20)

; DATE
GuiCtrlCreateDate("", 5, 280, 200, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("(Date control expands into a calendar)", 10, 305, 200, 20)

; BUTTON
GuiCtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 330, 100, 30)

; CHECKBOX
GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox("Checkbox", 130, 335, 80, 20)

; TREEVIEW ONE
$treeOne = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(210, 290, 80, 80)
$treeItem = GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeOne)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item1", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Item2", $treeItem)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Foo", -1)
GuiCtrlSetState($treeItem, $GUI_EXPAND)

; TREEVIEW TWO
$treeTwo = GuiCtrlCreateTreeView(295, 290, 103, 80, $TVS_CHECKBOXES)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("TreeView", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("With", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("tvs_checkboxes", $treeTwo)
GuiCtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Style", $treeTwo)

; GUI MESSAGE LOOP
GuiSetState()
While GuiGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd

;######################################################################################################################################
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio([$iDPIDef = 96])
; Parameters ....: $iDPIDef             - [optional] An integer value. Default is 96.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: UEZ
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/159612-dpi-resolution-problem/?hl=%2Bdpi#entry1158317
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio($iDPIDef = 96)
    _GDIPlus_Startup()
    Local $hGfx = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @extended, 0)
    Local $aResult
    #forcedef $__g_hGDIPDll, $ghGDIPDll

$aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)

If @error Then Return SetError(2, @extended, 0)
    Local $iDPI = $aResult[2]
    Local $aresults[2] = [$iDPIDef / $iDPI, $iDPI / $iDPIDef]
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    Return $aresults
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio

and I attach results

The following screenshots was made in Windows 7 Pro x64 - With Classic theme, and 150% * STANDARD DPI

post-10673-0-07207700-1421260405_thumb.p

post-10673-0-15262700-1421260410_thumb.p

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

The msstyle skin only changes the GUI skin, not the whole windows skin.

The skinning UDFs are for skinning the AutoIt Script's GUI.

Are you trying to apply a skin to Windows? That is something completely different.