GuiCtrlCreateDate & GUICtrlSetData not working as expected

Go to solution Solved by MikahS,

Hi All,

I've run into an issue in one of my scripts using the GUICtrlCreateDate function with the $DTS_TIMEFORMAT flag.

Basically, after the creation of the Date tool, I seem to be unable to set the data in the box; And after reading the function reference for GuiCtrlSetData, This does seem to be something that's supported... So i'm a little lost as to where exactly i'm going wrong.

I've created a quick test script, and still can't get the two functions to work harmoniously:

local $GUI = GuiCreate("",100,40)
local $testDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("",15,10,70,20,9,-1)
local $test = GUIctrlSetData(-1,"09:00:00")
ConsoleWrite($test & @CR)
GUIsetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
   switch GUIgetMsg()
      Case -3
        Exit
   EndSwitch
WEnd 

Theoretically, the date input should show 09:00:00, But the GUIctrlSetData seems to be failing (returning 0).

I've checked the format of the Date input by using GUIctrlRead, and have adhered to that format in the test above, but it still seems to be failing.

Any Ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Many Thanks

Javi

give a man an application, and he'll be frustrated for the day, Teach him how to program applications and he'll be frustrated for a lifetime.

• Solution

Try this:

local $GUI = GuiCreate("",100,40)
local $testDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("",15,10,70,20,9,-1)
local $test = GUIctrlSetData($testDate,"2015/01/14 09:00:00 AM")
ConsoleWrite($test & @CR)
GUIsetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
   switch GUIgetMsg()
      Case -3
        Exit
   EndSwitch
WEnd

:)

EDIT: It just wasn't in the proper date format of YYYY/MM/DD HH:mm:ss.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Hi Mikah, Thanks for the response!

That works perfectly... I didn't realise that the date had to be specified even though it's not displayed.

I tip my hat to you sir! :D

-Javi

give a man an application, and he'll be frustrated for the day, Teach him how to program applications and he'll be frustrated for a lifetime.

Anytime!

My pleasure. ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ