where are SciTE system-wide calltips and abbreviations?

orbs

i just recently learnt about the personalized calltips and abbreviations that i can set for SciTE, in files "au3.user.calltips.api" and "au3UserAbbrev.properties" (in the root of the Windows profile folder).

these files hold users personalized preferences. but SciTE has some preset, system-wide calltips and abbreviations. where are they stored?

i mean, in SciTE Config "Abbreviations Manager" i can switch from "User Abbreviations" to "SciTE Abbreviations", but what file does this work upon? i also noticed that SciTE Config "User CallTip Manager" does not allow editing SciTE preset calltips, so where are they stored?

thank for any hints.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

• Moderators

orbs,

The main SciTE files are stored in the api & Properties subfolders of the ...AutoIt3SciTE folder. As these files are set to match the standard includes, we decided that it was best for most users to leave them alone. :)

Of interest, there is no need to amend the SciTE abbreviations - if you create a user abbreviation with the same shortcut, it overrides the original as it is loaded after them. Deleting that user abbreviation will restore the original - so there is no need to amend those at all. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

thanks Melba23,

i'm asking because i was asked to deploy some abbreviations (and possibly calltips) to a pre-installed image, so when it is deployed, whoever the user who logs-on, will have them. i have considered doing it with a user-level script, but i think a system-level process makes more sense here, both for image build and future updates (i can call it from a deployment server).

(i think) i got the idea of "au3.api" in SciTE progrm folder (for calltips). but i can't seem to follow the logic on how abbreviations are stored. there is this file "au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties", but it holds only the abbreviator, not the abbreviatee (if these are valid English words... :huh2: ) - i guess it works in conjunction with other properties files?

anyway, my intent is not to modify existing files but to add upon them. in file "au3.properties" i found this line starting with "api.$(au3)=" which i think i can use to add my own files, and i found the "import" lines, but i don't know how to create the abbreviations file to import  :think:

Spoiler

UDF:

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

Apps:

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

• Moderators

orbs,

The full abbreviation list is installed in "C:Usersuser_nameAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEau3abbrev.properties" - Jos would need to confirm but I believe we discovered that we needed to keep the 2 abbreviation files in the same folder. :wacko:

If you are looking to add some "new" global abbreviations, I would do as we did and create new files rather than modify the standard ones. Then all you would need to do would be to amend the ""C:Usersuser_nameAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEabbrev.properties" file to get them loaded between the standard and user sets. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

oh great, yet another set of files...  ;)

but still, this is user-specific. i guess doing it system-wide is not as simple as i thought...

back to user-level updates - what's the point of having two sets of properties files for a user (one set is at the root of the profile folder, and one set in localappdata)? which should i be working with? they are not the same, nor are they replicated. does wone set gets precedence over the other?

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

• Moderators

orbs,

You really need talk to Jos, but I know he will not be online much for a few weeks. Sorry I cannot be of more help. :(>

As to the 2 files, I only have the one in the SciTE appdata folder. In earlier SciTE4AutoIt3 setups the user files were stored in the user root, but they should have been moved to the appdata folder and the old versions deleted when you updated to the newer SciTE. :huh:

M23

Spoiler

ok thanks, i'll keep investigating on my own.

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps: