Removal of IE using @comspec

jtaft

I need a script that when run will identify the version of Internet explorer you are running and uninstall it.

I am trying to use the Run with @ComSpec and cant seem to get past the starting line here.

Here is the code I am trying.  (This is to remove IE10, I will add conditions after I am able to get the initial removal to work)

If I copy and past this in the cmd prompt it runs and removes IE10 as expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#RequireAdmin
#include <Constants.au3>

Local $IE10 = 'FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart'

Run (@ComSpec & "/c" & $IE10)

It would be much easier to debug if it weren't all one command:

_FileListToArray
For loop
ConsoleWrite
RunWait

I'm not seeing your closing " wrapping your dual command.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

You have an odd quote in it.

Local $IE10 = 'FORFILES /P %WINDIR%servicingPackages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart'

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Universalist,

I understand this is a long command string. 

As far as not seeing my closing" wrapping my dual command, I guess my question there would be how would I close this command?

John,

As I mentioned that this exact command does run from a command prompt as presented here.
I have tried removing the odd Quote as highlighted here but it appears to be required and that is why I am wrapping this command in single quotes apposed to double quotes.

Here is were I am pulling the command from

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/askie/archive/2014/03/28/command-line-options-available-to-uninstall-internet-explorer.aspx

Try...

Local $IE10 = 'FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c ' & '"' & 'cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart'

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks John, But that did not worl.

I was able to get it to work by using basic codeing without @comspec  ...... HAHA

Run ("cmd")
Sleep(5000)
Send ('FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart')
Send ("{Enter}")

Stick with your prior route, it's more reliable...your closing " would wrap the entire command you are running in the forfiles loop...you also needed spaces in your Run command:

Local $IE10 = 'FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*10.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart"'
Run (@ComSpec & " /c " & $IE10)
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.