ControlSend question

Hi all,

I just have 1 simple question, i use ControlSend to fill info into a programs controlinputs, however sometimes it sends a character instead, Example

winwaitactive("myWin")

clipput("myInfo")

sleep(100)

controlfocus("myWin","","[CLASSNN:Ahx:233223]")

ControlSend("","","","^v")

This sends the v instead of pasting from clipboard (sometimes), would it be safer to have it send as a variable instead?

Many thanx!

Use ControlSetText() if you can.

controlfocus("myWin","","[CLASSNN:Ahx:233223]")
ControlSetText("myWin","","[CLASSNN:Ahx:233223]",ClipGet())

; else try
ControlSend("myWin","","[CLASSNN:Ahx:233223]",ClipGet())
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I have tried that but the program doesn't trigger that a change is made that way it only responds to send and tab :(, i just wonder how it can fail to make a CTRL + V and only send a simple character?

I'm thinking that maybe it does the CTRLDOWN and CTRLUP before the v ? Maybe a workaround would be while Controlgettext <> myInfo, controlsettext "", Paste or send, Controlgettext ?

Have you try playing with the SendKeyDownDelay and SendKeyDelay options? As in (help file):

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 5) ;5 milliseconds

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 1) ;1 millisecond

... but with bigger values? Their default values are 5, and I don't know what kind of application it is, but if stuff goes wrong with sending keystrokes (which I often get with non-standard window controls), that's always my first trial&error option. I don't really see where it would help with key combos with ctrl/shift/alt, but you never know. No matter how cool AutoIt is, simulating keystrokes remains very useful but murky business :)

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.