Is there a way to know if any sound is playing?

I'm trying to do something with an IE page involving a Silverlight animation.  I want to know when the animation is done, but I see no way to know that.

One thing I've thought of is that I can "listen" for the sounds to end.

Is there an AutoIT method for knowing when *ANY* sound is being played?  Basically, I want to say "when the speakers are quiet, do this"

Anything for that?

Half our Googling and I'm nowhere.  There *has* to be something for this.  When I click on the Speaker icon in my tray, the green bar bounces up and down in real time while ANY sound is playing through the current audio output.  So there must be some way of detecting that a sound is playing.

• Moderators

Almost afraid to post this seeing a lot of your other posts... but you could probably find what you need here:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712636

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

And I have no time to search through those funcs to see if something fits your needs.

Best you do the leg work and find ones you think may be what you need, make a list, and post here.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

That looks promising!  Thank you.

How in the world did you find that?  I was searching for hours and never came across that.  But then, I was stuck on search terms.  "master volume" never occurred to me.  Almost all the results I came across regarded setting the volume or reading the system's volume setting (not the volume of the current sound, but the user's preference of 0% to 100%).

Anyway, thanks.  I'll try that later when I get home.