Opening Excel Workbook using Corruptload xlExtractData

Hi guys, how can I open an Excel Workbook with the setting of Corruptload xlExtractData? The code below is part of Excel.au3. I just took out this Function and added it to my own AU3 script. My Problem is I am getting an error when opening the excel workbook.

Workbook File A is an excel file downloaded from Google Drive, Workbook File B is a local excel file created from my computer and not sent to any online drives. Weird thing is this code and the code from Excel.au3 CAN open Workbook File B but getting error when opening Workbook File A (The excel file that was downloaded from Google Drive). I'm thinking Excel files downloaded from Google Drive becomes corrupted or unreadable by VBA code or AutoIt.

I encountered this similar problem with Excel VBA and I was able to solve it by adding Corrupload:=xlExtractData on workbooks.open() in VBA but how do I add that here? 

Again, these codes works fine when opening Workbook File B bot not A.

My modified code:

Func ExcelFileOpen($sFilePath, $fVisible, $fReadOnly = False)
Local $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
If Not IsObj($oExcel) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
If Not FileExists($sFilePath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
With $oExcel
.Visible = $fVisible
.WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath)

; Select the first *visible* worksheet.
For $i = 1 To .ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
If .ActiveWorkbook.Sheets($i).Visible < 1 Then
.ActiveWorkbook.Sheets($i).Select()
ExitLoop
EndIf
Next
EndWith
Return $oExcel
 EndFunc

Error:

==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
.WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath)
.WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath)^ ERROR

CorruptLoad is parameter 15 as described by MSDN. As Autoit does not support named parameters (like VB does) you need to pass 15 parameters. Set  parameters you do not want to chang to keyword Default.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

CorruptLoad is parameter 15 as described by MSDN. As Autoit does not support named parameters (like VB does) you need to pass 15 parameters. Set  parameters you do not want to chang to keyword Default.

I apologize but how can I get a sample of this? I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've been doing Excel VBA programming for years but I'm not exactly an expert on it. I am just beginning with Autoit as well.

; XlCorruptLoad Enumeration
; https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff193596%28v=office.14%29.aspx
Global Const $xlExtractData = 2 ; Workbook is opened in extract data mode
Global Const $xlNormalLoad = 0 ; Workbook is opened normally
Global Const $xlRepairFile = 1 ; Workbook is opened in repair mode
Func ExcelFileOpen($sFilePath, $fVisible, $fReadOnly = False)
    With $oExcel
        .Visible = $fVisible
        .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, $xlExtractData)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndWith
    Return $oExcel
EndFunc

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you, this is awesome, I guess it worked as I didn't receive any errors but now I am on another issue which is the saving part, it cannot perform saving, requested operation has failed. I will use SaveAs and save this file as .xls to see if that fixes it, thanks once again ;)

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Which version of AutoIt do you run?

SciTE-Lite  
Version 2.28
    Jan 29 2012 21:33:22

That is the version I see when using the editor. I didn't want to update Autoit and the included files at the moment so it doesn't mess up the old version scripts I have already created recently but I am planning on updating after I get more familiar with this.

No luck with this issue though, I tried saving the Excel file as new .xls file, opened the new .xls file, make some changes then when it hits the saving part I get the error below
C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3 (295) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
.ActiveWorkBook.Save()
.ActiveWorkBook.Save()^ ERROR

I'm still using Excel 2007 here and the file was .xlsx so I tried saving that as .xls and reopen it but couldn't save it.

To get better error information you should add a COM error handler to your script. Please see ObjEvent for details.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Could you please post the full script and the full output from the SciTE output pane?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Here it is. The reopening of the saved excel file works, the saving is the one causing issues.

;Select the File to be used
 Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog("Select the file to be used for the bidding.", @WindowsDir & "\", "All (*.*)", 1)
 If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error!", "An error has been encountered during file select.",0)
 $sFileOpenDialog = StringReplace($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF)

;Kill any Excel processes to prevent Excel clogging errors
 While ProcessExists("EXCEL.EXE")
ProcessClose("EXCEL.EXE")
 WEnd

;Open the Original Excel file
 Local $oApplOrig = ExcelFileOpen($sFileOpenDialog,0) ;Using a modified excel opener
 If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Error opening the Original Excel file.",0)

;Save a copy of the Original Excel file and update the $sFileOpenDialog
 _ExcelBookSaveAs($oApplOrig , @WorkingDir & "\CopySaved","xls",0,1)
 _ExcelBookClose($oApplOrig)
 $sFileOpenDialog = @WorkingDir & "\CopySaved.xls" 
 Local $oAppl = ExcelFileOpen($sFileOpenDialog,0) ;Using a modified excel opener
 If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error!", "Error opening the Copied Excel file.",0)

Local $Excelrow = 2

;Kill any IE proceses first to ensure clean running AI
While ProcessExists("iexplore.exe")
ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")
WEnd

;Save Excel
$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")
_ExcelBookSave($oAppl) ;<<<========== THIS IS WHERE THE ERROR OCCURS
Sleep(1000)
; XlCorruptLoad Enumeration https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff193596%28v=office.14%29.aspx
Func ExcelFileOpen($sFilePath, $fVisible)
    With $oExcel
.Application.DisplayAlerts = 0
.Application.ScreenUpdating = 0
.Visible = $fVisible
.WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, Default, $xlExtractData)
  ExitLoop
            EndIf
Next
.Application.ScreenUpdating = 1
.Application.DisplayAlerts = 1
   EndWith
   Return $oExcel
 EndFunc

Func MyErrFunc() ;For the COM error handler. Use $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc") before the line that may cause errors
Msgbox(0,"AutoItCOM Test","We intercepted a COM Error !"      & @CRLF  & @CRLF & _
             "err.description is: "    & @TAB & $oMyError.description    & @CRLF & _
             "err.windescription:"     & @TAB & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _
             "err.number is: "         & @TAB & hex($oMyError.number,8)  & @CRLF & _
             "err.lastdllerror is: "   & @TAB & $oMyError.lastdllerror   & @CRLF & _
             "err.scriptline is: "     & @TAB & $oMyError.scriptline     & @CRLF & _
             "err.source is: "         & @TAB & $oMyError.source         & @CRLF & _
             "err.helpfile is: "       & @TAB & $oMyError.helpfile       & @CRLF & _
             "err.helpcontext is: "    & @TAB & $oMyError.helpcontext _
            )
EndFunc
#endregion ---Other Functions--- 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcnckhllwkqq1v0/Capture.JPG?dl=0

Capture.JPG?dl=0

Edited by Wolfiesaxah

Can you please post the picture on the forum? DropBox is locked in my company :(

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Also, I noticed when I change 

_ExcelBookSaveAs($oApplOrig , @WorkingDir & "\CopySaved","xls",0,1)

into

_ExcelBookSaveAs($oApplOrig , @WorkingDir & "\CopySaved","xlsm",0,1)

so using "xlsm" it seem to have triggered no error on that SAVE line anymore BUT, it still triggered an error on the other SAVE lines after the first one. (I have about 2-3 lines of SAVE in the code. I will try using SAVEAS instead of SAVE and will see if that works.

_ExcelBookSaveAs only supports a few filetypes. XLSM is not among them because the Excel UDF delivered with older versions of AutoIt only supports the binary filetypes of Excel 2003 not those delivered with Excel 2007.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Unfortunately I can't test as i do no longr have the old AutoIt version installed.

But could you please try:

_ExcelBookSaveAs($oApplOrig, @WorkingDir & "\CopySaved.xls", "xls" ,0, 1)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki