AutoIt GUI Creators (Designers)

TheSaint

26 minutes ago, water said:

TheSaint,

you have compiled an impressive list of GUI creators/designers. Thanks for that :)

Would it make sense to move the list to the wiki (like there are lists of UDFs or programs written in AutoIt)? I think it would be easier to find and could be extended by any user.

What do you think?

Thanks.

I don't know that everyone checks the Wiki, but I can see the value in both places.
Especially in the Wiki for historical purposes, though I guess it is an ongoing situation.

I like the idea, that others can post suggestions to in this Sticky topic, because I really don't browse a lot here these days, and so no doubt miss a lot.

P.S. I am not sure that the idea of just anyone adding what they think to the Wiki, is a sensible one. We've had a few suggestions here that were unsuitable, and to detect any insertions in the Wiki would be problematical at the very least.

At least in this sticky, the main list is not changed, until ratified, but others can still benefit from seeing suggestions until then.

Potentially, I can see things getting way out of control in the Wiki, unless changes are ratified before inclusion.

The Wiki entry, if locked, could be updated from ratified updates to this sticky.

P.S.S. What would be ideal, would be a number of us, that understand what suits, having modification rights to this topic.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

26 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

We've had a few suggestions here that were unsuitable, and to detect any insertions in the Wiki would be problematical at the very least.

Modifications of th wiki can easily be found by checking the history of an article.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

28 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

At least in this sticky, the main list is not changed, until ratified, but others can still benefit from seeing suggestions until then.

Potentially, I can see things getting way out of control in the Wiki, unless changes are ratified before inclusion.

The Wiki entry, if locked, could be updated from ratified updates to this sticky.

P.S.S. What would be ideal, would be a number of us, that understand what suits, having modification rights to this topic.

If you check the history of th UDF article in the wiki you will see that only a few people ever did modify it.

I think the wiki is a good place for tutorials an lists of Autoit related things.
The big advantage I see is that such a wiki list is not limited to be extended/modified by the original author (in this case: You) only.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@TheSaint ,

I have a very nice idea. There is a tool named ResEd (Short form of Resource Editor) in HIde (An IDE for HLA). It generates "*.rc" files. It had simple structure. So I am planning to make converter script in autoit to generate au3 code from rc script. I have started the priliminary works. But now, i am in a confusion. I like to work with all windows messages. Like we did in C. In order to do that in autoit, either we need to subclass the window or we need to write the code from the very beginning (Using CreateWindowEx function.) 

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@kcvinu - I'm afraid you are talking to the wrong guy, much of what you are saying is beyond my pay-grade of comprehension. :blink:

@water - I admit it has been years since I worked with any Wiki, so you may be right ... though I am unsure how the History element works. Can you look at a copy of the wiki by date, and it shows all the changes in bold, with two different colors, one being for deletions, the other new stuff. That would be the best scenario, but still not as good as ratifying first before changes occur ... as much less checking is involved. To me, the only issue really with how things are done currently, is indeed about me being the only author ... which is both good and bad ... though it hasn't proved bad so far. If something happened to me, then I am sure that the topic could easily be assigned to another member to modify. So I still advocate for both places - Sticky & Wiki ... which rhymes incidentally. :lol:

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

You get a list of modifications

History.png

and can select two revisions (in this case to check what I changed)

Delta.png

So it should be easy to revoke some unwanted changes.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok. Thanks for that.

Spoiler

userbar.png

@TheSaint 

Its ok. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

On 12/8/2016 at 7:09 AM, kcvinu said:

@TheSaint ,

I have a very nice idea. There is a tool named ResEd (Short form of Resource Editor) in HIde (An IDE for HLA). It generates "*.rc" files. It had simple structure. So I am planning to make converter script in autoit to generate au3 code from rc script. I have started the priliminary works. But now, i am in a confusion. I like to work with all windows messages. Like we did in C. In order to do that in autoit, either we need to subclass the window or we need to write the code from the very beginning (Using CreateWindowEx function.) 

Where can I download ResEd ?.

Does the source code this in autoit?

I am looking for alternatives to GUIBUILDER RETURN.

PS: GUIBUILDER already generates a script  form (.au3) and we do not need init  to subclass the window or to write the code from beginning (Using CreateWindowEx function.)

Regards Daniel

Edited by DFerrato
Sintaxs error correction.

@DFerrato ,

No, you can't the source of ResEd. It is coming with Hide (An IDE for High level Assembly) .

And if you want to reform a gui builder, then i think your best bet is FormBuilder. Link is here 

See the post number 183. He shared the source code. 

Reasons to choose formbuilder.

1. It works like Visual studio - That means, when you make changes in your gui, the code will be changed automatically. 

2. You can make changes to your existing project with FormBuilder. In other GUI tools, they will overwrite your code. 

3. You can run an au3 file without saving to disk. It is using tempfile - Easy for testing code snippets from forum or other sources.

DrawBacks of formbuilder.

1. It has no right click context menu. But keyboard short cuts like Ctrl+v are all working. - Somewhere in the forum he(The creator) made a script to imitate a right click contest menu. You need to add that to this program.

2. Font section doesn't read from system font folder. Instead it uses an array which contains font names. - Easy to fix.

My ideas.

1. Add a listview with Events and properties like in visual studio. So that user can write code in desired events like we did in Visual Studio.

I have worked a little bit but lack of time, i postponed my idea. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

15 hours ago, kcvinu said:

@DFerrato ,

No, you can't the source of ResEd. It is coming with Hide (An IDE for High level Assembly) .

And if you want to reform a gui builder, then i think your best bet is FormBuilder. Link is here 

See the post number 183. He shared the source code. 

Reasons to choose formbuilder.

1. It works like Visual studio - That means, when you make changes in your gui, the code will be changed automatically. 

2. You can make changes to your existing project with FormBuilder. In other GUI tools, they will overwrite your code. 

3. You can run an au3 file without saving to disk. It is using tempfile - Easy for testing code snippets from forum or other sources.

DrawBacks of formbuilder.

1. It has no right click context menu. But keyboard short cuts like Ctrl+v are all working. - Somewhere in the forum he(The creator) made a script to imitate a right click contest menu. You need to add that to this program.

2. Font section doesn't read from system font folder. Instead it uses an array which contains font names. - Easy to fix.

My ideas.

1. Add a listview with Events and properties like in visual studio. So that user can write code in desired events like we did in Visual Studio.

I have worked a little bit but lack of time, i postponed my idea. 

Hello:

I am going to check the Formbuilder. Thanks for the suggestion that mecionanas ideas for this I liked...

Analyze your source code and you notice.

As the idea is to have a G.U.I Maker that each one can adapt to their needs; maybe someone else of this forum can help us.

For example the ISN Study is wonderful, but very difficult to adapt and not served me.

Regards Daniel

@DFerrato , Check it, You will like it. I wish i had enough time, then i will sure make my IDE with FormBuilder. Note that, it will be an IDE, not just a gui builder. 

I studied a little bit about Scintilla editor component. Sometimes i thought that making a fresh IDE is better than modifying someone else's code. But what to do, no time. 

Spoiler

My Contributions

18 hours ago, kcvinu said:

@DFerrato , Check it, You will like it. I wish i had enough time, then i will sure make my IDE with FormBuilder. Note that, it will be an IDE, not just a gui builder. 

I studied a little bit about Scintilla editor component. Sometimes i thought that making a fresh IDE is better than modifying someone else's code. But what to do, no time. 

18 hours ago, kcvinu said:

@kcvinu have reason, proposing  continue the development from the formbuilder @BuckMaster some post (see link above).

But (and there is always some but), the formbuilder might be hard to modify to get what we want by any of the following reasons:

* creation of main screen, controls, properties, menus, alignment, spacing, toolbar all mixed together.

* main loop of events with 5200 lines of codes

* poor documentation.

We can add the features mentioned several post back, but before we must invest the time converting extensive code in subroutines, documenting, reviewing much code.

For my part I am willing to invest time to try, but to achieve this we are going to need help more people.

PS: For example after compile source , I not able to do that this display the icons for alignment, spacing.

Regards Daniel

@DFerrato ,

Yeah, we need help from more people who had plenty of time. Now, i am busy with my new work contracts. I am afraid that i might need to limit the number of visits to this forum in a day.  Anyway, First of all, we need to re arrange this 14000 + lines huge code block. 

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

19 hours ago, kcvinu said:

@DFerrato ,

Yeah, we need help from more people who got plenty of time. Now, i am busy with my new work contracts. I am afraid that i might need to limit the number of visits to this forum in a day.  Anyway, First of all, we need to re arrange this 14000 + lines huge code block. 

We agree, but my time is also limited :)

In some free time, I start to convert the code into smaller blocks.

Is there someone else can offer help?.

PS: I discovered the causes for which no show the missing icons..

Daniel

Edited by DFerrato
Sintaxs error correction.

@DFerrato ,

Nice start. May be we should get some help from this forum members. Let us hope. :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

@kcvinu & @DFerrato If you both want to collaborate, you can use IRC as a good solution :), You both can create a separate chat room for collaboration :D.

Feel free to ask me if you are having any problems regarding IRC, TD.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Good Idea @TheDcoder . When i get enough time to code, i will sure check that. Thanks :)

Spoiler

My Contributions

My pleasure @kcvinu :D, I can even help with setting up a IRC channel for you guys if you want :).

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

56 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

My pleasure @kcvinu :D, I can even help with setting up a IRC channel for you guys if you want :).

Thank you.. We ask for your help, when more people join to help.

I also believe (and i may be wrong) that the major guideline on the changes to be made could be discussed here, so more people to know your opinion.

Daniel