AutoIt GUI Creators (Designers)

TheSaint

39 minutes ago, DFerrato said:

I also believe (and i may be wrong) that the major guideline on the changes to be made could be discussed here

Yes, we can create a topic in the AutoIt Technical Forum to discuss major things :).

I cannot contribute to the code because I already have too much to work on :(.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

2 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Yes, we can create a topic in the AutoIt Technical Forum to discuss major things :).

I cannot contribute to the code because I already have too much to work on :(.

Thank you for your recommendation, I am going to visit that page

Work has progressed far enough, for me to feel happy creating an entry here, so GUIBuilder Project has been added to the first post in this topic.

It is a work in progress, solely by me at this point, TheSaint, but based on CyberSlug's original ... and later versions, that were updates by Roy, TheSaint & others.

I am dragging GuiBuilder, kicking & screaming, into the 2010's, to be reborn as GUIBuilder or even GUIBuilder Reborn perhaps.

Providing all goes to plan of course.

I have already fixed/improved a few issues, including upgrading 16 bit icons to 32 bit ones ... even if they do look a bit crappy now ... at least they work.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 5 months later...

I've used the Form Builder and I must say its an awesome tool to use. However, once I got use to KODA, even the Autoit IDE Studio didn't have much on KODA. 
However, I would like the IDE Studio or Form Builder to rise above this. 

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

• 1 year later...

A new and improved version of his The GuiBuilder Return by DFerrato, has been added to the GUI Creator list in the first post.

A new screenshot and download can be found at this post.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I'm very frustrated that there is no GUI builder really easy et appreciable to use for AutoIt.

I tried many of them :

• ISN is very slow and laggy
  • Form Builder seemed excellent at first time, but also really buggy when you use it, and the code is SUPER MESSY (everything in one file, global variables everywhere...) and nearly impossible to enhance
  • The only one that works well is Koda. But the problem is that when you modify something in your GUI, you must re-import and past it in your script.

What one needs, is something like ISN (I mean seamless integration with your script), but with the ease of use of Koda. Or a bug-free Form Builder.

All this to say that I have an idea, but I want to have your thoughts before starting work on this idea :

What about creating an UDF that will parse a KXF (Koda) file and handles all the creation of the GUI. Something like Glade for GTK+ (GtkBuilder).

Thanks ;)

Edited by matwachich

1 hour ago, matwachich said:

What about creating an UDF that will parse a KXF (Koda) file and handles all the creation of the GUI. Something like Glade for GTK+ (GtkBuilder).

Go for it.... do not hestitiate.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

On 10/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, matwachich said:

Hi!

I'm very frustrated that there is no GUI builder really easy et appreciable to use for AutoIt.

I tried many of them :

• ISN is very slow and laggy
  • Form Builder seemed excellent at first time, but also really buggy when you use it, and the code is SUPER MESSY (everything in one file, global variables everywhere...) and nearly impossible to enhance
  • The only one that works well is Koda. But the problem is that when you modify something in your GUI, you must re-import and past it in your script.

What one needs, is something like ISN (I mean seamless integration with your script), but with the ease of use of Koda. Or a bug-free Form Builder.

All this to say that I have an idea, but I want to have your thoughts before starting work on this idea :

Thanks ;)

Hi

I tried the IDE Glade (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/glade/3.14/)

i found interesting your point of view.

Yes, it is possible to translate the XML file produced by the Glade and convert it into autoit code.

But what would happen when we need a code AUTOIT CONVERTIT (created by another) to Glade XML format or .kXF Koda?.

Regards Daniel

3 hours ago, DFerrato said:

Yes, it is possible to translate the XML file produced by the Glade and convert it into autoit code.

I think @matwachich was refering to the KXF files produced by koda, not the XML files produced by Glade :)

Glade is a GUI Designer for GTK+, and it is a lot different from WinAPI GUI (native) which is what AutoIt uses. To begin with, GTK+ doesn't use a coordinate based approach, it uses a layout based approach similar to HTML, it even has support for CSS! And also WinAPI doesn't provide all controls which GTK+ provides.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 4:43 AM, TheDcoder said:

I think @matwachich was refering to the KXF files produced by koda, not the XML files produced by Glade :)

Glade is a GUI Designer for GTK+, and it is a lot different from WinAPI GUI (native) which is what AutoIt uses. To begin with, GTK+ doesn't use a coordinate based approach, it uses a layout based approach similar to HTML, it even has support for CSS! And also WinAPI doesn't provide all controls which GTK+ provides.

Totally true.

----

I also thought about making a GTK like layout system for AutoIt, but this is way TOO big work for my skills and my free time ;)

Anyway, I made something similar but very simpler (search the forum for my Extended InputBox UDF)

Edited by matwachich

5 hours ago, matwachich said:

I also thought about making a GTK like layout system for AutoIt, but this is way TOO big work for my skills and my free time ;)

Same here! I actually began some work on a UDF which is supposed to make creation of GUIs more easier, the plan was to make it layout based (just like GTK, but I did not know about it back then) so that I don't have to keep updating coordinates whenever I need to extend the GUI ;)

You can still find the work I started here: https://github.com/AutoIt4Life/GUIFrame/blob/master/GUIFrame.au3

6 hours ago, matwachich said:

Anyway, I made something similar but very simpler (search the forum for my Extended InputBox UDF) 

It was called "Advanced Input Box", not extended!

It is a very handy function that you have made, many scripters can make use of it. I see that you drew inspiration from IUP, I like IUP and use it a lot myself, it is one (and maybe only) of the sane libraries I have seen which can do cross-platform (native) GUIs in C :D

I recall that @Xandy might have also made a similar UDF to get different kinds of paramateres/configurations via a GUI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I found an old AutoEdit program after cataloging my old software  Dated 4/11/2001 .Version 2.51 of the Script Editor supports AutoIt version 2.51.

Not sure if this was Retail but it introduced me the first ~88  Autoit commands and had an GUI interface.

Made me love Autoit for sure

Can not find any reference to it so I created a .CHM help file from  WinHlp to show its features. ( or it had both)

Maybe related to your amazing history  TheSaint

AutoEdit.chm

36 minutes ago, Dajax said:

Maybe related to your amazing history

Thanks for sharing, and that certainly predates my use of AutoIt, and from what I recall, the ability to create a GUI with AutoIt.

So as such I imagine it would just a be GUI to compile AutoIt scripts, and not an actual GUI creator.

Do you have a screenshot you can post for us?

Spoiler

userbar.png

36 minutes ago, Dajax said:

And yes a GUI to create script and compile.

Goodo. Thanks.

So a GUI that creates scripts but not a creator of GUI.

Spoiler

userbar.png

Added GuiBuilderPlus by kurtykurtyboy to the first post, as an update to GUIBuilder. Its a new and improved version with more to come.

Can be found here, along with a screenshot.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 7 months later...

I admit ISN AutoIt Studio is a little buggy, but once you use more of it, you will find it easy to make multiple GUIs and change them easily later on.

For example I can have a test form like "test.isf". I can set it to "generate the GUI in a function", then put it into my program like:

#include xxx
mainloop

func mainloop()
    runTestGUI()
endfunc

func runTestGUI()
    $myGui = _test_form()  ; _test_form() is generated by ISN in "test.isf"
    guisetstate()
    ; Test Gui loop here
    guidelete($myGui)
endfunc

#include "test.isf"

The benefit is that now you can change the design by opening "test.isf" in a graphical design way. After you made all the changes, just save it, and the new design will immediately take  effect.

I can even test-run the form without running the whole program. It saves me lots of time.

So guys, please give ISN AutoIt studio a little more chances. The program itself is pretty ambitious.

@philpw99 - Great to see your inspiration at work. :) 

Spoiler

userbar.png