Random Excuse Generator

theguy0000

• 9 months later...

sorry to bring this topic back up but, i saw codemyster's and i decided to add a few of the words that Paulie thought up.

I now have 50 nouns, 50 verbs, and 50 adjectives. If each sentence uses 1 verb, 1 noun, and 1 adjective, doesn't that make 125,000 possible sentances? :whistle:

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

sorry to bring this topic back up but, i saw codemyster's and i decided to add a few of the words that Paulie thought up.

I now have 50 nouns, 50 verbs, and 50 adjectives. If each sentence uses 1 verb, 1 noun, and 1 adjective, doesn't that make 125,000 possible sentances? :whistle:

Now double that and we'll talk :):)

Man thats alot of excuses

• 10 months later...

Hmm, I added lots more stuff a long time ago, guess I forgot to post here. It's now 1 million possible excuses :) :)

edit: see first post

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

lol.

Sorry, but I have to cover up my odd looking mom!

Sorry, but I have to bake my adorable beached whale!

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

lol.

Sorry, but I have to cover up my odd looking mom!

Sorry, but I have to bake my adorable beached whale!

haha!

Sorry, but I have to beat my hard meat.

(I'm kidding. Kidding. Lol)

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Very entertaining!

Just a thought to make the adding of more words easier, would be to put the following at the top of your script:

Global $verbs = "eat|measure|attack|reply to|fire|infuriate|immobilize|rip|dry|call|" & _
        "run over|curse|break|smash|kiss|play with|plug in|paint|enlighten|burn|" & _
        "jump over|check on|catch|throw|wax|fix|avoid|smack|find|invest in|" & _
        "discuss|talk to|ignite|scold|congratulate|insult|study|ignore|elaborate on|sit on|" & _
        "feed|salt|fry|simplify|delete|bake|pay for|entertain|medicate|move|" & _
        "compute|destroy|discover|heat|freeze|liquify|shred|turn on|scratch|throw away|" & _
        "conquer|run over|blow up|banish|water|sharpen|perfect|argue with|cut off|pickle|" & _
        "tickle|sedate|KILL|annoy|redesign|design|brainstorm with|euthanize|maim|gouge|" & _
        "dine with|color|poke|solidify|evaporate|decorate|race|hypnotize|lie to|stare at|" & _
        "employ|sniff|barbecue|tilt|steady|knock out|hide|cover up|stretch|fight"
Global $adjects = "rusty|crusty|crazy|angry|entertaining|hot|mad|dying|criminal|deadly|" & _
        "broken|lost|metalic|sharp|blue|frozen|telepathic|run-away|educational|scientific|" & _
        "perfect|imperfect|odd looking|smelly|cute|simple|sharp|superior|heavy|odd|" & _
        "fluffy|pointless|yellow|green|red|purple|sad|compressed|square|round|" & _
        "evaporating|artistic|thin|thick|tall|short|miniature|pathetic|strict|titanium|" & _
        "stupid|2 year old|squeaking|spinning|radioactive|adorable|darkly anticipated|edible|56 year old|newborn|" & _
        "oddly colored|stuffed|fake|rad|realistic|stationary|spherical|cubic|sensitive|infuriated|" & _
        "intricate|mental|quarterback|loud|quiet|genius|thoughtful|thoughtless|clueless|cheerful|" & _
        "depressed|hysterical|sorcerous|accursed|pickled|nondescript|intriguing|opinionated|political|" & _
        "Canadian|intimidating|Puerto Rican|feline|painted|inferior|hypnotized|sick|healthy|immortal|unfortunate"
Global $nouns = "chili|grandma|arm|computer|keyboard|grandpa|cracker|soup|TV|cat|" & _
        "lamp|light|table|dad|mom|brother|sister|shoe|door|telephone|" & _
        "aunt|uncle|shark|lake|nuclear missle|candlestick|beached whale|wife|juice box|bunny|" & _
        "wall|perfume|Coca-cola|pepsi|soda|pencil|doughnut|Duct Tape|floppy disk|cd|" & _
        "dollar bill|paper|printer|mouse pad|rat|flowers|trash can|light bulb|pair of scissors|recipies|" & _
        "poo poo|wireless modem|microphone|spatula|milkshake|empire|Kit Kat bar|popsicle|left ear|colon|" & _
        "peanut butter|hammock|pillow|house|iPod|lava lamp|magician|butler|statue|dictionary|" & _
        "ceiling fan|hard drive|finger|modem|pinto bean|sofa|submarine|camera|elephant|bagel|" & _
        "dolphin|pickles|pig|toe|pinky finger|football|notebook|binder|burger|fries|" & _
        "milk|pie|blanket|tooth|paintbrush|tongue|flag|Mountain Dew|napkin|VCR"
$verbs = StringSplit($verbs, "|")
$adjects = StringSplit($adjects, "|")
$nouns = StringSplit($nouns, "|")oÝ÷ Ø   ݶ§­êeiDz¢êëjwh,Þ~éܶ*'Â+ajëh×6Func randomize($type)
    If $type = "v" Then
        Return $verbs[Random(1, $verbs[0], 1) ]
    ElseIf $type = "adj" Then
        Return $adjects[Random(1, $adjects[0], 1) ]
    ElseIf $type = "n" Then
        Return $nouns[Random(1, $nouns[0], 1) ]
    Else
        Return "{ERROR: Invalid argument passed to function}"
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>randomize

Looks a lot like mine

Func randomize($type)
    If $type = "v" Then
    $excuse1_find = Random (1, $verbs_list[0], 1)
    $excuse1 = $verbs_list[$excuse1_find]
    Return $excuse1

ElseIf $type = "adj" Then
    $excuse2_find = Random (1, $adj_list[0], 1)
    $excuse2 = $adj_list[$excuse2_find]
    return $excuse2

ElseIf $type = "n" Then
    $excuse3_find = Random (1, $noun_list[0], 1)
    $excuse3 = $noun_list[$excuse3_find]
    return $excuse3

Else
    Return "{ERROR: Invalid argument passed to function}"
    EndIf
EndFunc

it also uses an ini file

8)

NEWHeader1.png