Need some help with my script!

twend

So yeah, I'm new in here and I think I'm starting little bit too big project for me but the thing is I want to learn.

Also I know already the basics of other programming languages. Just can't get started...

This is not that big project to people who can already script, should be pretty easy task though.

Anyways, the main idea is to Copy text from a notepad and paste those informations to a program.

There's big list of information in notepad and I would like to copy all those and paste those in to a program.

If someone can help me through skype, I would be very helpful. (I can private message you my skype, if someone cool guy would help me a bit!)
Thanks in advance! :)

-I know I have to use arrays, stringsplit (to get specific information), but I'm just totally stucked and can't get my project started.

I just downloaded autoit yesterday, so I'm pretty new to all this.

• Moderators

First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, in the future, for the best assistance please use a descriptive title to your threads (This is a Help forum, everyone needs some help with their script).

It sounds as though you want to copy text from notepad (or similar) into an application. To better help us help you, please let us know the following:

• Is this a flat text file, or something like an INI of Config file (formatted text)
  • What is the application you're copying into?
  • What drives the script? (e.g. you launch the script and it is all automatic, or you have a gui, click a button, and certain steps are performed)
  • What have you tried yourself, thus far? Please note this forum has literally hundreds of folks that help by donating their time, but we operate under the Teach a Man To Fish motto, rather than just giving you code. Posting what you have tried yourself, even if it isn't working, will go a looooong way to getting further help.

We look forward to your response, so we can better understand how to help you.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, in the future, for the best assistance please use a descriptive title to your threads (This is a Help forum, everyone needs some help with their script).

It sounds as though you want to copy text from notepad (or similar) into an application. To better help us help you, please let us know the following:

• Is this a flat text file, or something like an INI of Config file (formatted text)
  • What is the application you're copying into?
  • What drives the script? (e.g. you launch the script and it is all automatic, or you have a gui, click a button, and certain steps are performed)
  • What have you tried yourself, thus far? Please note this forum has literally hundreds of folks that help by donating their time, but we operate under the Teach a Man To Fish motto, rather than just giving you code. Posting what you have tried yourself, even if it isn't working, will go a looooong way to getting further help.

We look forward to your response, so we can better understand how to help you.

Well I can't even get started, just been watching some tutorial videos and made like "WinActivate("Accounts - notepad")" so far.

The notepad is a text file and there's a lot of similar informations like this asdfasdf@hotmail.com:asdf1234: -- blabala

I need to copy just the email from the text with "StringSplit" somehow to the array, I can understand this in theory but I don't know what would the code look like..

From the array I would need to copy/paste the emails to the program.

What I figured the copying the email to the array would look like =

There will be always different emails everyday, so I need to make the autoit to figure out the emails from the notepad.

WinActivate("Accounts - notepad")

StringSplit("

I'm not sure does it copy only the email from the string or what it does basically now...

-Side note : There's a lot of "asdfasdf@hotmail.com:asdf1234: -- blabala" this looking emails in the text file and I have to pick up the emails somehow from there.

Edited by twend

• Moderators

Ok, so still after more information. Are you copying the entirety of the text file to the application in one chunk, or each line to a different field? If, as I presume, it is the latter, what is the application (desktop app, web app, etc.) and how about a screenshot so we can see how the fields are set up?

To start, look at FileReadToArray in the Helpfile. The example should help on your first steps

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

Ok, so still after more information. Are you copying the entirety of the text file to the application in one chunk, or each line to a different field? If, as I presume, it is the latter, what is the application (desktop app, web app, etc.) and how about a screenshot so we can see how the fields are set up?

To start, look at FileReadToArray in the Helpfile. The example should help on your first steps

'>

-It's application on computer

-Also the password is always same, but the email is changing everyday (I have to add new emails to the program, so that's why)

I know how to do the password part, but I have no idea how to add those "Changing emails" in to the array.

Here's a link with texts what I'm basically trying to do.

I will check that out thanks :)

Edited by twend

• Moderators

'>

-It's application on computer

-Also the password is always same, but the email is changing everyday (I have to add new emails to the program, so that's why)

I know how to do the password part, but I have no idea how to add those "Changing emails" in to the array.

Here's a link with texts what I'm basically trying to do.

I will check that out thanks :)

This is why we ask for information. You have unfortunately missed the Forum Rules (bottom right of every forum page) on your way in, specifically the piece discussing Game Interaction. I would suggest you read through it now, to see why this thread will not receive any answers. Hope to see you with a legitimate question soon.