Send email from a different person

Was looking at the outlook.au3 UDF, and it appears that the user that is logged into Outlook would be the person sending the email. Is there anyway to have it come from a dummy account. We are trying to send a ticket to our ticking system via email, and in order for it to be dispatched to the right techs, it would have to come from a certain person. Is there such a way to allow it to come from someone else, other than the person logged into the computer and logged into Outlook?

EDIT

Checking this out, as it might work

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I did not get very far, it could be that this is too old to run, but this is the error that I recieve.

AutoITOutlookOutlook_Sender.au3"(40,15) : error: missing separator character before keyword.
    $objEmail.To
~~~~~~~~~~^
tsclientSAutoITOutlookOutlook_Sender.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

EDIT

This explains that error, so off to try the beta

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

EDIT 2

Well that worked, but got another problem with the error

### COM Error !  Number: 80020009   ScriptLine: 92   Description:The transport failed to connect to the server.

I set it up like it says here https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-google-s-smtp-server

;
;##################################
; Include
#Include<file.au3>
; Variables
$SmtpServer = "smtp.gmail.com"              ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = "Dummy Account"                      ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = "dummy@Email.Address.com" ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = "test@test.com" ;""   ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = "Userinfo"                   ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = ""                              ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = ""                       ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = '' ;"CCadress1@test.com"       ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = '' ;"BCCadress1@test.com"     ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "Normal"                  ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = "user"                    ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = "pass" ;                  ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 465 ;587 ;465  ;25                            ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 1                                ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS
;~ $IPPort=465                          ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
;~ $ssl=1                               ; GMAILenables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

; Script
Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & "  Description:" & $rc)
EndIf
;
; The UDF
Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0)
    Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $i_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    If $ssl Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    EndIf
    ;Update settings
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $objEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $objEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        Return $oMyRet[1]
    EndIf
    $objEmail=""
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;
;
; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

Anyone have an idea?

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

That's generally a server port / ssl issue from my experience.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks, and I have tried all the ports listed, plus ssl is set to 1 (True). I know I had this working on another computer. I will have to look around for the code, but thought it might be an easy fix. The ERROR above was confusing, but once I overwrote the file au3check it was able to compile and run, but not run the way I want it.

I will keep searching...thanks again SmOke_N

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

Is it a company email or something general like yahoo/gmail?  I have experience with those is why I am asking.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well, I was trying company email, but when that did not work, I tried the gmail approach, but that still did not work. Do you have an idea for gmail? At least I can look at it and determine if I can find the right info for my server. Thanks

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

$FromAddress should probably be dummy@gmail.com and $username should be the same, as I recall (not a gmail user)

That would not do for my application, as the email has to be the same as it is being sent by an automated process. It would not work in the ticketing system we have to allow 10 - 20 users all having their name on the email. Meaning that the gmail account or whateve smtp server I decide to use, would also have to use that name too, and I do not believe we want that.

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

The email address must actually exist.

The username/password must be correct from the account creation.

port 467 SSL is true

port 587 SSL is false

That's from memory.

Edited by SmOke_N

The email address must actually exist.

The username/password must be correct from the account creation.

port 467 SSL is true

port 587 SSL is false

Yes, this is all true.  I use it all the time to send text message through email...

edit: correction, I am using port 465 and ssl = 1

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

• Moderators

yes, 465, my apologies, I looked at one of my old codes to verify just now... thanks kylomas

• Moderators

Actually, you might be able to get away with sending a true dummy email if verification is not required.  I think I did this by accident once.

Okay, so that I can make sure: Here is what I am using

$SmtpServer = "smtp.gmail.com"          
$FromName = "user@gmail.com"            
$FromAddress = "user@gmail.com"
$ToAddress = "user@gmail.com"
$Subject = "Userinfo"
$Body = ""
$AttachFiles = ""
$CcAddress = '' 
$BccAddress = '' 
$Importance = "Normal"
$Username = "user@gmail.com"
$Password = "password"
$IPPort = 465 
$ssl = True

Can someone verify that has a gmail account?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

AS I recall $FromName can be anything you want.  $FromAddress and $UserName have to match.

Sorry, can't test as I am using Yahoo for dummy email junk, however, I believe that they were the same when I was testing this stuff.

edit: user@gmail.com has to exist...

Edited by kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Ok, can you give me your yahoo info, not username or password, or any real info, as I have a yahoo account as well, and I am getting the same response

### COM Error !  Number: 80020009   ScriptLine: 92   Description:The transport failed to connect to the server.

user@gmail.com - is only a place holder, the account does exist.

EDIT

Here is the code to make it easy: Just add your account info in the area: just your first part of your account before the @ for the first 3 items, then your password

$sName = ""
$sTo = ""
$sFrom = ""
$sPass = ""

;
; Include
#Include<file.au3>
; Variables

$sName = "@yahoo.com"
$sTo = "@yahoo.com"
$sFrom = "@yahoo.com"
$sPass = "password"

$SmtpServer = "smtp.yahoo.com"              ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED
$FromName = $sName & "@yahoo.com"                      ; name from who the email was sent
$FromAddress = $sName & "@yahoo.com" ; address from where the mail should come
$ToAddress = $sName & "@yahoo.com"    ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED
$Subject = "Userinfo"                   ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be
$Body = ""                              ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail
$AttachFiles = ""                       ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
$CcAddress = '' ;"CCadress1@test.com"       ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed
$BccAddress = '' ;"BCCadress1@test.com"     ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed
$Importance = "Normal"                  ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low"
$Username = $sName & "@yahoo.com"                     ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$Password = $sPass ;"@gcl1234"                  ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
$IPPort = 25 ;465 ;587 ;465  ;25                            ; port used for sending the mail
$ssl = 0 ;True                                ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS
;~ $IPPort=465                          ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
;~ $ssl=1                               ; GMAILenables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS

; Script
Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")
$rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & "  Description:" & $rc)
EndIf
;
; The UDF
Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0)
    Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $i_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then
        $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
    Else
        $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    If $ssl Then
        $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    EndIf
    ;Update settings
    $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $objEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $objEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        Return $oMyRet[1]
    EndIf
    $objEmail=""
EndFunc   ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom
;
;
; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc
Edited by nitekram

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Are you sure that it is not a gateway or firewall problem?

I will give you the code I use in private, complete with userid and password if you like.  I am running this from a dialog that sets up the wrapper to the smtp call.  This might also help you with testing as the dialog can use multiple server configs depending on what you setup. 

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

I would like that, but just because I do not want any issues, please just remove the important personal info.

And Thanks

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory