Automatic Report Running

Hello Friends,

This is what I have in mind, I want to create a script that it can run a report every end of month. I don't know how this is done which I need to find out. But I think it gets done through a software/application. I have a few questions about this. But after the reports gets done I want to put it on a FTP server. Most of it you have to click on it, example double click on software and wait for it to run then then click fill out information then submit. I know sky is the limit..

But can that be done using Auto IT or some other program?

What other program do you recommend?

Can this be using from a internet site/internet web link just in case this is done throught a https site?  I will need to log in...

Can I be able to send out an email when the script finished running? probably some if statements...

Can the report be added to FTP server? example script?? for that...

Any information is needed but I want to know if it can be done before bringing it up.

This is my thinking(all of that can be achieve)...run the script every month setup a date and time, do the auto IT to run the software and do the clickings then setup a schedule task on the computer to run every month. That's what I have in mind but I don't know if this is done througha https:// site. that's where i'm probably stuck...any input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by instinct0224

the answers to all your "can it be done with AutoIt?" questions is "yes".

it probably has nothing to do with "GUI Help and Support" forum, so pay attention to where you post. i advise you report your own topic and ask a moderator to transfer it to "General Help and Support" forum.

AutoIt offers several ways to have your tasks automated, depending on the specific application concerned. FTP & E-mail are practically one-line commands. working with HTTPS is also supported.

the core question here is how you create that report. once you get that figured out, you can start planning your script.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

I'm with Orbs. Everything can be done using AutoIt plus some UDFs, your reporting tool and Windows tools.

I would start with creating the reports. Then setup the FTP part and end with the scheduling.

Do you have any code you can post or any questions with AutoIt?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

May I but in? How would I schedul something like this? woudn't i be just forced to manually run the scripts every month? never thought I can do that with autoit (also I was unedr the impression that near everything is possible, even somekind of pseudo multithreading)

I wouldn't use AutoIt but the Windows scheduler to start the script every month.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

the answers to all your "can it be done with AutoIt?" questions is "yes".

it probably has nothing to do with "GUI Help and Support" forum, so pay attention to where you post. i advise you report your own topic and ask a moderator to transfer it to "General Help and Support" forum.

AutoIt offers several ways to have your tasks automated, depending on the specific application concerned. FTP & E-mail are practically one-line commands. working with HTTPS is also supported.

the core question here is how you create that report. once you get that figured out, you can start planning your script.

I put it on GUI because the reports are done through a GUI interface, not through commands lines or scripts. I've played with Auto IT before and I created a script to do an installation. The software that I used didn't had any switches. So used Auto IT to run through the wizard setup up all the text boxes and kabam...got it working..on this case it's the same thing..but if you want I can create a new thread with more info or just transfer this thread to the correct group..thanks..when I get some info on the report i'll post it here...

I would start with the code to generate the reports.

How do you know that the reports have been generated successfully?

Then the FTP thing would be next.

If this works put a GUI round it to make it easy to use.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki