SciTE deletes my script file !

dom3787

Hi, I've been using autoit/scite for years but  today I'm facing something I never saw and I'm wondering if that reminds anyone of something that could help me how to solve it :

- I'm on a fresh clean windows 7 install

- Nothing fishy is running

- I'm opening one of my script with SciTE (right-click > Edit)

- I'm compiling the script

>> SciTE deletes my au3 file !!! it re-creates it , and create the exe.

Which is very annoying because I absolutely don't want the file creation date to change, which is what happens when it does that, hopefully I noticed it (by seeing my recycle bin that should have been empty but was not) and restored my original file with the correct date... but what the hell is happening and what to do ?? I tried to see if it was some kind of runtime bug and rebooted the pc but this didn't change anything.

Thanks for any advice

• Moderators

I am unable to replicate the behavior on WIN7 x64. Please provide the following:

• AutoIt Version
  • Source of the script
  • Does this happen on ALL scripts or just the one?
  • Are you building (F7) or Compiling (CTRL + F7)? 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Any script .. the source is irrelevant, I reproduced it with that :

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.8.1
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

MsgBox(0, "test","grrr")

I saved it, waited a few minutes, checked the file creation date, it said "created Feb, 4th, 3 min ago, then I used Tools > Compile, it deleted the file test.au3 (sent it to recycle bin), re-created it and created the test.exe

I'm precisely using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

This doesn't happen if I right-click the file and choose Compile, it only happens when SciTE is launched.

This doesn't happen if SciTE is launched and I'm using Tools > Build.

This is the output (when compiling) :

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:\Users\Nico\Desktop\test.au3"
+>15:45:23 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:040C  Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> 1 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>15:45:32 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe_x64.exe  /in "C:\Users\Nico\Desktop\test.au3" /out "C:\Users\Nico\Desktop\test.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>15:45:32 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>15:45:32 Created program:C:\Users\Nico\Desktop\test.exe
->15:45:32 Warning: This is an X64 compiled script and will only work on a system with a X64 OS.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 10.178
Edited by dom3787

• Developers

You are using the AutoIt3Wrapper GUI (Ctrl+f7), which will update the script with any changes you made to any directive and then perform the compilation process.

You have 1 update as shown in the Output pane.

When you simple do F7 you will find it doesn't do that unless you perform a Tidy on the source.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I would start with upgrading your AutoIt3Wrapper version from 2010 to a newer version as I am pretty sure I fixed this issue. ;)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

dom3787,

You're are better off in the future to upgrade now, then waiting even longer. I seriously doubt you'll need to spend "countless hours", as Jos said this could be what fixes your problem.

If you don't, I have no doubt you'll be back here again with maybe yet another problem that is due to using an outdated version (just my prediction). ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

my latest question was : can I upgrade AutoitWrapper without upgrading Autoit, thus not getting lots of annoying script breaking changes to make. Your post isn't helping answering that, it's a bit as asking microsoft "hey, I got xxxxxxxx problem (they don't wanna hear about) could you help me" and their answer is always "just go to windows update" ... yeah yeah, as if I was dumb enough not to know that. My question is tricky, if it's only about updating and getting PITA for days I know I can do that, but it's harder than that, I'm asking if there's a way to avoid this, and Jos started pointing at the right direction, that is, the wrapper, now if someone knows if I can upgrade only that, I'd like to read about it.

I've seen something similar, but always have a backup thrown (by the compiler) in the same directory i'm compiling.  A folder called backup is created.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

• Moderators

dom3787,

Even if it did not answer the precise question you asked, MikahS' answer was well-intentioned and did not deserve that reply. Please try to remain civil. :)

As to your idea of running a newer version of AutoIt3Wrapper with an older AutoIt version you will find that the internal Wrapper code has changed and so may well no longer match the parameters expected by the other AutoIt utilities it addresses - an obvious example is the replacement of Obfuscator with Au3Stripper. If you want to try, you can download the latest Beta versions of AutoIt3Wrapper from here - although I would strongly advise backing up your current versions first as you may well need to revert. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area