RegWrite issue

Briandr

Hi,

Below in the command window is one line from a larger autoit script. It is writing to the registry, but setting the REG_DWORD value to 1 and not 0. Without seeing the whole script does this line look correct?

RegWrite("HKCU" & $ArchType & "\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel", "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}", "REG_DWORD", "0")

Thanks.

• Moderators

Have you tried it?

If you're having an issue with the regwrite (as would be assumed by your title) then please explain what that issue is. But to just ask "does this look right?" makes people think you're just unwilling to test it yourself.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

I guess I should have been more specific. You know that it is not setting it to what you want, but have you tested setting it to anything else, to see if that works as expected?

My apologies if the first response sounded harsh; re-reading that I can see I should have proofread it first for tone ;)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Maybe the contents of your $Archtype varible?

Have you verified the key is being written to the proper place?

Maybe try to do an export to backup your registry and then delete the key and run your script, verify that the key is being written with the wrong value.

Then of course if you do not see your key appear in the correct place, restore your registry by importing your prior backup. 

Edited by ViciousXUSMC